Skip to main content

I'M BACK!! 2021 - VEGAS - TWITCH - AND BEYOND

 


Hello everyone and WELCOME BACK to the Nikki On Vegas Blog! I am SO happy to be back and have so much to update you on! 

I have been away for a LONG WHILE and wanted to come back with an update on all things NikkiOnVegas. Last time I was here we were talking about my Disney+, Netflix, and Hulu favorites, What's going on in Vegas, and how the death of George Floyd and resulting Black Lives Matter protests, national response and more was affecting me personally. So let's dig right back in on all that plus what I've been up to since the last time we spoke...

VEGAS:

We've definitely been on a wild ride. As a city built on tourism, we had a HARD time with the shutdown and now trying to re-build...but good news Vegas lovers - All signs point to a rapidly returning Vegas! It's definitely different now, as we've got to do our part to keep everyone safe but it is still VERY Vegas. Social Distancing and masks are very much enforced and minimized capacity has been strictly followed. If you have any questions about a trip to Vegas, please send an email to Travel@NikkiOnVegas.com for more info. It looks like this summer is bringing back a lot of our pool clubs/lounges! Reservations WILL be required for entry at every venue. Please contact your venue directly or reach out to me for further information. 

TWITCH:

I started live streaming on Twitch during the Lockdown! I was BLESSED to find DJ Franzen streaming on Twitch (and the entire Framily) and a whole community of Black Girl Gamers and creators that inspired me to finally step up and get my channel started after years of wanting to get in the game. I now stream at LEAST 3x a week and have an incredibly friendly, welcoming, and loving community (The Framily) to thank for making it happen. Join us in MARCH on Monday 2PM pt for Makeup/Skin care streams, Tuesday 1PM pt for Gaming Streams, and Wednesday 6PM pt for an Amazon Prime watch party! I pop up as often as possible to play Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War in Zombie Mode and Stream Raiders with my community, so once you follow make sure you keep your post notifications on so you don't miss a post! FOLLOW ME ON TWITCH

BEYOND:

Now that I'm FINALLY back to the swing of regular blogging, I'm going to be proving content to keep track of my Twitch Streams, lots of beauty goodies, even more, entertainment segments, and of course MORE VEGAS! I like to stay socially distanced and home as much as possible so it'll be more Vegas from a Distance content for a while but I'll keep you updated on everything that's going on. This year's "28 Days to Pool Season" and "4 Week Fitness Countdown" have been canceled for safety reasons, but I'll be taking the entire month of April to do an at-home fitness program with you leading up to my birthday! It'll come with live chats in my discord for verified sign-ups, meal sharing, workouts, and a regular weekly meditation and mentality check-in!  

Thank you so much for rocking with me while I took a little break to figure things out, but I'm back and I'm better! See you real soon!


Nikki


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Now Streaming: 'Legacies' on Netflix Seasons 1 and 2

I love a good supernatural drama series. I was all in on the 'Vampire Diaries' for a while, and when the 'Originals' came in with what felt like a more "grown-up" storyline from the beginning, I was instantly HOOKED! It had everything I needed in a supernatural drama, but when that ended I was left in a show hole. How do you even follow up on that epic storyline, but thank the bright minds at CW they made it happen with 'Legacies'. With 'Legacies', we are tuning in to the life of Hope Mikaelson after the loss of her parents at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted ran by Alaric Saltzman who is firmly seated in our hearts from 'Vampire Diaries'. Alaric is the headmaster of the Salvatore School and is looking after his twin daughters who are the last living members of the Gemini Coven. This is exactly the drama series I needed to check into during this quarantine. The Salvatore School is home to the witch, werewolf and vampire ...

Vegas for Christmas

When we think of a holiday vacation, we don't really put Vegas and Christmas together in one sentence unless it also involves a Batchelor party. I'm here to challenge that with 3 reasons you should hit Vegas for the holidays that DON'T include the partying, gambling, drinking, and year-round Vegas events. HOLIDAY FEAST There are very few places in the world you can hop around a 3-mile area and have a meal from celebrity chefs and world-class foodie favorites. Not to even mention what feels like "regular" to locals, but is still a top reason thousands flock to the city regardless of the season: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS! For the holidays we go all out and tend to have a price tag to match, but a staple in inexpensive and AMAZING is Ellis Island. Just trust me. Your hotel's cafe will also have reasonable prices! Here's a short list of "OMG you've gotta eat here" on Christmas Night: THE BUFFET AT ARIA - $53.99 for all you can eat, endl...

4 Week Fitness: The Final Week!

This is it, guys! The Final week! We have 7 days, 5 workouts, and  2 rest days left until we are kicking it poolside in our well-earned bikini bodies, or celebrating ourselves in whatever way you deemed rewarding. Our previous weeks have been fun for me, mostly Fitness Marshall dance workouts that really get us moving in the most fun way, but this week we are turning it UP on our muscles. Here's what's on the Agenda: DAY 22:  Cardio Abs DAY 23:  Upper Body Focus DAY 24: Meditation Day 25: Cardio + Lower Body DAY 26: Cardio HIIT DAY 27: CORE DAY 28: Meditation I don't know about everyone, but I've already been getting comments on my weight loss and I can actually see a difference which is the biggest motivator EVER to me right now. Whatever we were struggling with the last 3 weeks, do not let it take you out now! We only have 7 days left to be consistent with ourselves, to do something that matters for us, to take the steps we need to be healthier. Our...

A Call for Safety: Closures and Cancellations associated with COVID19

Unfortunately, due to the current state of the industry, I am no longer able to continue running travel services at this time. Refunds have been issued to all of my travel clients through May at their request. If you have any bookings that you have questions on, please feel free to reach out to me at any time via email, phone or contact form. All contact details are available on my contact page . Closures are being updated regularly, so check back here and social media to stay up to date. The most important thing right now is that everyone stays safe and healthy. If you are able to, please check on your neighbors, friends and those in your social circle that may be at risk such as the elderly. Lots of us are isolating ourselves, and while that may keep us safe from the virus, it also puts a lot of our emotional and mental health at risk. Call your friends and family daily to share love and conversation. If you or anyone you know is having a hard time emotionally, feeling anxiety ...

Mask Monday: Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask

It is that wonderful time again where my skin is acting all the way out of control. This time it could be my horrible quarantine diet, stress, hormones, my 2-year-old touching God knows what then rubbing my face...the list of possibilities is endless. To combat that I'm going in the Mix, Mask & Hydrate 6 piece kit from Peter Thomas Roth that we got at an incredible value price. Today, I am tapping into the Cucumber Gel Mask. It is an Extreme Detoxifying Hydration mask that is instantly refreshing (I keep mine in the refrigerator), cooling, and a moisturizing calming gel that helps soothe dry irritated skin. I've used this mask before, and know that it works wonders on my sometimes overly sensitive skin combination skin. I feel like my skin issues are coming from clogged pores and stress, so the detoxifying bit will really help me get to the smooth skin I just know exists underneath all this drama. So, to start off I like to use a gentle cleanser to get any make...

Sphynx: For The Girl On The Go

This year's Travel Goods Association 's Travel Goods Show '19 has introduced me to so many of my current favorite products! Today, we are talking about the Sphynx razor that you can use for hair removal ANYWHERE! Living in the desert makes shorts, sundresses, tank tops, surprise photo shoots and pool days a part of everyday life. Unfortunately, running around chasing a 1-year-old and taking care of everyone's vacations makes hair removal one of the last things on my to-do list! Lucky for me, I received a goodie bag from the Travel Goods Association at this year's Travel Goods Show that gave me my latest secret weapon! The Sphynx Portable Razor ! I keep this beauty in my bag at all times and it has already saved me from having to miss out on a pool day and the embarrassment of missing a spot trying to rush when wearing one of my favorite dresses. Here's how it works. This little beauty here has everything you need for a shave - a small squirt bottle ...

What to expect in July 2020: Las Vegas After Lock Down

Vegas is OPEN and ready to serve up your next vacation or staycation the way Only Vegas knows how. We are living in a much different time now, so here's what we can expect for a trip to Las Vegas in July. **July 11 Update: Bars, Pubs, etc (see graphic) that do not serve food have all been ordered to close.  First things first, masks are required in all public spaces through the state of Nevada per our latest directive ( see specifics here ). You will have to wear a mask when you are outside of your hotel room in all public spaces. You do not have to wear a mask when doing physical activity like working out, but you will need to wear one on the way to the gym and back. Same with the pool, you do not have to wear one while in the pool, but a mask is required everywhere else including the pool deck. Restaurants, bars, and lounges all have similar rules, masks will be needed while waiting in line to be seated/served but you do not have to wear a mask while eating and drinking. Social ...

My Netflix Obsession: Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker

Since we are all doubling down on social distancing, I am making SURE to do my part by getting my entertainment fix from home by streaming the latest Netflix titles. This week, we streamed Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker. This is the filmmaker's adaption of the life of Madam C.J. Walker, one of America's First Black Women to become a millionaire. We open this up with a beautiful moment of sisterhood. Sarah (the Madam) had been having an extremely hard time with life, making an income and was under a tremendous amount of stress. Luckily for her, Annie showed up at the perfect moment to help pick her back up. While this is the sisterhood moment we all hope to have when we are at our lowest, this beautiful friendship doesn't turn out to be that fairytale womanhood bond we'd hoped for. After continuing to be beaten down by what life has thrown her way, the Madam continues to whip up her hair products in her kitchen because she knows that no...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...