Skip to main content

Why I Meditate


I love meditation. My life has totally turned around since I started taking time to be still and turn inward instead of always focusing so hard outward. There's no pressure to meditation, you can meditate for as long or as quickly as you'd like. You have no one to be accountable to, no one to impress, nothing to do but focus on yourself and take a moment for self-care.


I started meditating probably about 9 years ago (don't do that math), but I didn't start doing it regularly until the last 3 years. It gives me the time to STOP reflecting on the day, stop thinking back on things I could have done differently, stop planning for the future and just be present.


I practice some different energy healing modalities such as Reiki & the Seraphim Blueprint and use crystals and anything else that vibes with me to get in the zone. When I first started, I loved using guided meditations to "clear my chakras" or just talk me through relaxation and give my mind something to do other than bring up anxiety moments. But now I like to just put my headphones on to some nature sounds or the sounds of Tibetan bowls and just let my mind wander where it wants to. This is sometimes where I come up with the best ideas, or find out my real motivation behind different things I'm feeling.


Every month, Frances of @AngelicFrequency has a monthly Guided Meditation where she guides you through whatever the energy or topic of the month is. If you have never meditated before, this is a beautiful and free place to begin where you can ask live questions and have discussions with others who are either just starting out on a meditation journey or long time vets.

Are you into meditation? What are your best tips for a beginner? Let me know in the comment section.

Share - Comment - Subscribe 

<3 - Nikki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Now Streaming: 'Legacies' on Netflix Seasons 1 and 2

I love a good supernatural drama series. I was all in on the 'Vampire Diaries' for a while, and when the 'Originals' came in with what felt like a more "grown-up" storyline from the beginning, I was instantly HOOKED! It had everything I needed in a supernatural drama, but when that ended I was left in a show hole. How do you even follow up on that epic storyline, but thank the bright minds at CW they made it happen with 'Legacies'. With 'Legacies', we are tuning in to the life of Hope Mikaelson after the loss of her parents at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted ran by Alaric Saltzman who is firmly seated in our hearts from 'Vampire Diaries'. Alaric is the headmaster of the Salvatore School and is looking after his twin daughters who are the last living members of the Gemini Coven. This is exactly the drama series I needed to check into during this quarantine. The Salvatore School is home to the witch, werewolf and vampire ...

A Call for Safety: Closures and Cancellations associated with COVID19

Unfortunately, due to the current state of the industry, I am no longer able to continue running travel services at this time. Refunds have been issued to all of my travel clients through May at their request. If you have any bookings that you have questions on, please feel free to reach out to me at any time via email, phone or contact form. All contact details are available on my contact page . Closures are being updated regularly, so check back here and social media to stay up to date. The most important thing right now is that everyone stays safe and healthy. If you are able to, please check on your neighbors, friends and those in your social circle that may be at risk such as the elderly. Lots of us are isolating ourselves, and while that may keep us safe from the virus, it also puts a lot of our emotional and mental health at risk. Call your friends and family daily to share love and conversation. If you or anyone you know is having a hard time emotionally, feeling anxiety ...

Crystals I Love: Hematite

My crystal collection is small, but it is mighty! Most pieces have been gifted to me, but a very select few I went out and searched for myself. Hematite is one of the stones that I ALWAYS have to have at least one piece of. Right now I'm rocking a Hematite bracelet that was gifted to me. I usually like a piece that has been made into a ring that I will wear on my thumb, but this bracelet has been around for the long haul. USES Hematite is a dark color stone, I usually see it dark gray or black, that is used for grounding, removing and blocking negative energy. It's like the crystal Dikembe Mutombo. I like it because of the way the energy feels, and what I like to call it's "Not Today!!" powers. To me, the vibes are smooth and earthy. This crystal helps me feel more connected and rooted in the moment. HOW IT WORKS FOR ME I am an emotionally driven person. That makes me super sensitive to other peoples feelings, so someone else's bad mood wi...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...

4 Week Fitness: The Final Week!

This is it, guys! The Final week! We have 7 days, 5 workouts, and  2 rest days left until we are kicking it poolside in our well-earned bikini bodies, or celebrating ourselves in whatever way you deemed rewarding. Our previous weeks have been fun for me, mostly Fitness Marshall dance workouts that really get us moving in the most fun way, but this week we are turning it UP on our muscles. Here's what's on the Agenda: DAY 22:  Cardio Abs DAY 23:  Upper Body Focus DAY 24: Meditation Day 25: Cardio + Lower Body DAY 26: Cardio HIIT DAY 27: CORE DAY 28: Meditation I don't know about everyone, but I've already been getting comments on my weight loss and I can actually see a difference which is the biggest motivator EVER to me right now. Whatever we were struggling with the last 3 weeks, do not let it take you out now! We only have 7 days left to be consistent with ourselves, to do something that matters for us, to take the steps we need to be healthier. Our...

This Weekends Top Las Vegas Hotel: November 22 - 24

This week was no contest between most searched hotels with my team. I'm not sure if it's because of Thanksgiving or what, but the clear winner this weekend is The Venetian! This is a local favorite for their FREE PARKING! That means you can have your friends come to visit you in your suite and not worry about them having to pay a fee for staying for over an hour. The Venetian Luxury Resort in Las Vegas was our most booked, and honestly, I am not surprised. The property is beautiful, The Grand Canal that connects the Venetian to the Palazzo is incredible with all the food options, dessert stops and of course shopping. Not to mention the beautiful Grand Canal and Gondola ride that flows through the center. Some of my favorite eats here are LAVO for their party style brunch, Delmonico steakhouse for Dinner, and Carlo's Bakery (the Cake Boss) for dessert. For some fun, TAO is located a short walk from the suites through the Grand Canal, and since it's stil...

When to do Vegas: 2019 Vegas Travel Outline

There isn't really a bad time to do Vegas! We have the staples that are ALWAYS better to do in Vegas like 21st birthdays, EVERY birthday after 21, Batchelor and Bachelorette parties, Weddings, Anniversaries, Reunions and any other gathering you have going on. Every season and every occasion, we have just the thing to keep you entertained. I, of course, have my favorites! Here is an outline of some of my favorite times to be in Las Vegas. VALENTINE'S DAY: I am a MUSH! I love everything romantic, and cheesy and the things that make you go, "Awwww!" and Vegas is SUCH a perfect time to let out that inner romantic. I've had couples do everything from the most romantic 5-star meals and exclusive shows to the extreme couple who jumped off the Stratosphere to celebrate their love for each other. I love the idea of spoiling your babe with luxury, and Vegas gives you EVERY option to do that. ST. PATRICK'S DAY This one isn't for the kids...this is ...

The Women Of Las Vegas: With Love Reiki from Sheila

Meet Sheila Sclafani-Cook As a Usui/Holy Fire® III, Karuna Reiki®Master, and a Seraphim Blueprint practitioner, Sheila Sclafani-Cook is a local treasure. Her path through Spirituality has connected her with Spirit and she is guided to support others on the healing path through meditations, classes, Reiki sessions or bringing others to the way of Reiki by teaching Reiki to them. With Love Reiki and Healing was founded to create a place where people can come to allow their soul to breathe. Through this time of Social Distancing, I've been getting my much-needed meditations and Reiki healing from her Youtube channel where we can all tune in at no charge and get regularly updated Reiki distance healing. I first met Sheila through one of my Mom's meditations at Enchanted Forest, and when I was going through a really confusing time in my life I went to her to get a Reiki session. To say it was amazing is an understatement! It was exactly what I needed to get m...

Vegas for Christmas

When we think of a holiday vacation, we don't really put Vegas and Christmas together in one sentence unless it also involves a Batchelor party. I'm here to challenge that with 3 reasons you should hit Vegas for the holidays that DON'T include the partying, gambling, drinking, and year-round Vegas events. HOLIDAY FEAST There are very few places in the world you can hop around a 3-mile area and have a meal from celebrity chefs and world-class foodie favorites. Not to even mention what feels like "regular" to locals, but is still a top reason thousands flock to the city regardless of the season: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS! For the holidays we go all out and tend to have a price tag to match, but a staple in inexpensive and AMAZING is Ellis Island. Just trust me. Your hotel's cafe will also have reasonable prices! Here's a short list of "OMG you've gotta eat here" on Christmas Night: THE BUFFET AT ARIA - $53.99 for all you can eat, endl...