Skip to main content

Vegas Vacation: June Travel Essentials *Pool Season Guide Men*


Suns out, guns out! Summer in Vegas is JUST as much for all the fellas out there as it is for the women. Here's my list of travel essentials that I keep on hand and that my travel clients have been requesting so that you can have a smoother trip (or stay if you're a local). When you are packing your pool bag for any occasion here is what you need to keep the day on a high note.

Pool Day Essentials:

A day out in the sun is one of the best ways to spend your Vegas Vacation! Whether that's at the pool club, your hotel pool, or your own backyard, here are my favorite must have's for every pool day.

🌟One thing I know about you guys is you do NOT want to carry a bag at all. Even though it is SO fashionable for you to have a messenger bag or even a backpack. 👀 Whatever, I'm not judging you, but I do want you to be able to keep track of all your things while still being able to hop in the pool and live your best life. The best solution is a MOSTLY waterproof drawstring bag.
This one looks like a gym bag, and not a tote and still has the room to keep your essentials in and keep your shirt and change of shorts dry. You can't just toss it anywhere in my opinion because I think water will still get in from the top drawstring area. If you're willing to go a little bit more fashion forward and take a sexy risk, I recommend this sling bag from Amazon. It is definitely waterproof and will keep your goodies safe and dry as long as you remember to keep it closed. And that whole cross body thing makes me think you do outdoor sporty activities and I'm here for it!

🌟Speaking of waterproof, keep a few of these waterproof bags with you for your electronics too. It can double as a to go wallet too and add your ID, cards, and money to keep everything in one simple place. A ziplock bag with the double lock or zipper works just fine too, and who cares who's judging how fancy your plastic is.

🌟 Take care of that skin! Make sure you are COVERED in sunscreen at all times. The desert sun hits different. I burn when I forget sunscreen so no one is safe! Here is the one I got to try recently from Influenster that I have been keeping next to the door to apply before I leave.

🌟 Messes happen. I don't know what it is about summertime and pool season that make random messes happen much more often. Maybe it's just me and my love of life-sized frozen daiquiris...or everyone else in the city loving these and spilling them EVERYWHERE, but I have NEVER regretted being prepared. You need these gentlemen, keep those hands clean!  These wet wipes are my current go to and come in simple 2 packs that are small enough to fit in your wallet or a few in your new cross chest bag.

🌟Like I said earlier, the sun out here hits different. You have to protect yourself, especially if you're planning on spending the day out in it. Keep your eyes protected with my favorite new line of sun shades.

These come in like 9 different polarized shade colors. They are gorgeous! Pick up a different color for each person in your squad!

🌟You will need a hat to protect your head and face from the sun as much as possible. Men usually keep a few ballcaps on hand but we have a rule here at the clubs about logos and sayings on anything so just to be safe, here is a plain ball cap you can add to your wardrobe.

Here is another for the flat billed culture. This hat comes in tons of colors so you can coordinate with your outfit, and you can always get it customized later on if you don't love the blank cap.
This is it! Make sure you tag me on Instagram @NikkiOnVegas when you are lounging out at the pool or taking a day out on the town so I can see how you're living your Vegas Life! And send me a tweet with your Vegas questions, comments, concerns. Send me an email if you are thinking about planning your Las Vegas trip and want me to help you make sure you're at the hottest spots and have the best time. Stop by my HOTELS page to get special hotel rates sent straight to you from my hotel team. We get rates up to 30% off nationally advertised rates!

Comment - Share - Subscribe

<3 Nikki









***Each product I feature has been independently selected by me. If you make a purchase using the links included, I may earn a commission.***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Vegas Bound: Halloween Week 2019

I love every reason to let my inner spook out, so the ENTIRE month of October is an all-out celebration for me! If you're here, you must be getting ready to spend your Halloween in Las Vegas and I could NOT be more excited for you. Whether you are a Las Vegas Local, or here for the weekend, Las Vegas is one of the most amazing places in the world for entertainment, and to take a nice relaxing (or turnt) vacation. As much as Vegas has the reputation to be an Adults only trip, we have tons of spooktacular events for the whole family to enjoy. If you are heading to Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween, check out the hotel rooms available from my team. We can get rates up to 30% lower than nationally advertised rates all year round, even on national holidays. And when you book with me, you get the option of having me personally help you plan out your vacation specifics and help to manage any last-minute emergencies. A few tips if you are coming through for the costume contests. V...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...

Safety 101: 5 Tips for Solo Travel to Las Vegas

Getting your whole crew together to come party with you in Vegas can be a challenge! Everyone has a reason to miss out on this trip, whether it's budget, timing, childcare, etc. Sometimes, you have to just catch a flight and take a vacation by yourself! This can be the best time you've ever had, but you have more safety concerns when you're solo than when you're with a crew. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind on your next solo outing in Las Vegas. Stay In Public Areas Las Vegas is among the most popular tourist destinations in America. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is safe, and you feel secure. You can't get into the hotel elevators at most resorts unless you have a room key, Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and the Fremont Street Experience are lined with on-duty police officers, and each hotel has their own trained security staff ready to aid any situation (even labor!). Some of our best venues are off the strip. For this, I recommend taking...

Sphynx: For The Girl On The Go

This year's Travel Goods Association 's Travel Goods Show '19 has introduced me to so many of my current favorite products! Today, we are talking about the Sphynx razor that you can use for hair removal ANYWHERE! Living in the desert makes shorts, sundresses, tank tops, surprise photo shoots and pool days a part of everyday life. Unfortunately, running around chasing a 1-year-old and taking care of everyone's vacations makes hair removal one of the last things on my to-do list! Lucky for me, I received a goodie bag from the Travel Goods Association at this year's Travel Goods Show that gave me my latest secret weapon! The Sphynx Portable Razor ! I keep this beauty in my bag at all times and it has already saved me from having to miss out on a pool day and the embarrassment of missing a spot trying to rush when wearing one of my favorite dresses. Here's how it works. This little beauty here has everything you need for a shave - a small squirt bottle ...

Now Streaming: 'Legacies' on Netflix Seasons 1 and 2

I love a good supernatural drama series. I was all in on the 'Vampire Diaries' for a while, and when the 'Originals' came in with what felt like a more "grown-up" storyline from the beginning, I was instantly HOOKED! It had everything I needed in a supernatural drama, but when that ended I was left in a show hole. How do you even follow up on that epic storyline, but thank the bright minds at CW they made it happen with 'Legacies'. With 'Legacies', we are tuning in to the life of Hope Mikaelson after the loss of her parents at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted ran by Alaric Saltzman who is firmly seated in our hearts from 'Vampire Diaries'. Alaric is the headmaster of the Salvatore School and is looking after his twin daughters who are the last living members of the Gemini Coven. This is exactly the drama series I needed to check into during this quarantine. The Salvatore School is home to the witch, werewolf and vampire ...

4 Week Fitness: Week 3

Welcome to week 3! We are at the halfway mark and moving past it with a FORCE ! We've got this far and we owe it to ourselves to push through and finish these last 2 weeks. I am already SO PROUD OF US ! Now is the time to lock in our rewards. Whether you are coming to party with me in Vegas for the opening of Encore Beach Club or splurging at your favorite local spot for a stay-cation, do it BIG ! You have earned it . This is a mirror of week 1. I think it's important for our bodies to get at least a little comfortable with the movements we are doing so that we can get the most out of these workouts! Last year, we talked about fitness inspiration and the destructive energy I used to attach to fitspo and why I think I never really kept up with a fitness routine. For me, the energy and the attitude that is behind anything I do is HUGE. I am at the point where I chose, if something doesn't vibe right with me, I'm just not doing it. I would DREAD doing the things...

Mask Monday: Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask

It is that wonderful time again where my skin is acting all the way out of control. This time it could be my horrible quarantine diet, stress, hormones, my 2-year-old touching God knows what then rubbing my face...the list of possibilities is endless. To combat that I'm going in the Mix, Mask & Hydrate 6 piece kit from Peter Thomas Roth that we got at an incredible value price. Today, I am tapping into the Cucumber Gel Mask. It is an Extreme Detoxifying Hydration mask that is instantly refreshing (I keep mine in the refrigerator), cooling, and a moisturizing calming gel that helps soothe dry irritated skin. I've used this mask before, and know that it works wonders on my sometimes overly sensitive skin combination skin. I feel like my skin issues are coming from clogged pores and stress, so the detoxifying bit will really help me get to the smooth skin I just know exists underneath all this drama. So, to start off I like to use a gentle cleanser to get any make...

Vegas for Christmas

When we think of a holiday vacation, we don't really put Vegas and Christmas together in one sentence unless it also involves a Batchelor party. I'm here to challenge that with 3 reasons you should hit Vegas for the holidays that DON'T include the partying, gambling, drinking, and year-round Vegas events. HOLIDAY FEAST There are very few places in the world you can hop around a 3-mile area and have a meal from celebrity chefs and world-class foodie favorites. Not to even mention what feels like "regular" to locals, but is still a top reason thousands flock to the city regardless of the season: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS! For the holidays we go all out and tend to have a price tag to match, but a staple in inexpensive and AMAZING is Ellis Island. Just trust me. Your hotel's cafe will also have reasonable prices! Here's a short list of "OMG you've gotta eat here" on Christmas Night: THE BUFFET AT ARIA - $53.99 for all you can eat, endl...

My Netflix Obsession: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

I am loving that Netflix has original movies and series! Right now I am all caught up in The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and am very impatiently waiting for the release info on seasons 3 and 4! Let's talk all about why this is SUCH a binge-able flick and YOU should be just as excited to catch up! So, I went into CAOS without even knowing what I was getting myself into. I thought it was a Sabrina the Teenage witch via Melissa Joan Heart spin off/reboot/remake situation...I had NO idea Archie Comics had an entire dark world that spawned my childhood fave...because I would have been obsessed YEARS ago. They took something that was sweet, innocent and wholesome, added the actual devil and a dash of sexy and I've been horrified through every episode! The series keeps all our Sabrina favorites, Sabrina herself, Harvey, Hilda and Zelda, and my always favorite Salem but with a twist and gives us some new favorites in the Weird Sisters, Ambrose Spellman and Nicholas Scratch....