Skip to main content

Vegas Vacation: June Travel Essentials *Pool Season Guide Men*


Suns out, guns out! Summer in Vegas is JUST as much for all the fellas out there as it is for the women. Here's my list of travel essentials that I keep on hand and that my travel clients have been requesting so that you can have a smoother trip (or stay if you're a local). When you are packing your pool bag for any occasion here is what you need to keep the day on a high note.

Pool Day Essentials:

A day out in the sun is one of the best ways to spend your Vegas Vacation! Whether that's at the pool club, your hotel pool, or your own backyard, here are my favorite must have's for every pool day.

🌟One thing I know about you guys is you do NOT want to carry a bag at all. Even though it is SO fashionable for you to have a messenger bag or even a backpack. 👀 Whatever, I'm not judging you, but I do want you to be able to keep track of all your things while still being able to hop in the pool and live your best life. The best solution is a MOSTLY waterproof drawstring bag.
This one looks like a gym bag, and not a tote and still has the room to keep your essentials in and keep your shirt and change of shorts dry. You can't just toss it anywhere in my opinion because I think water will still get in from the top drawstring area. If you're willing to go a little bit more fashion forward and take a sexy risk, I recommend this sling bag from Amazon. It is definitely waterproof and will keep your goodies safe and dry as long as you remember to keep it closed. And that whole cross body thing makes me think you do outdoor sporty activities and I'm here for it!

🌟Speaking of waterproof, keep a few of these waterproof bags with you for your electronics too. It can double as a to go wallet too and add your ID, cards, and money to keep everything in one simple place. A ziplock bag with the double lock or zipper works just fine too, and who cares who's judging how fancy your plastic is.

🌟 Take care of that skin! Make sure you are COVERED in sunscreen at all times. The desert sun hits different. I burn when I forget sunscreen so no one is safe! Here is the one I got to try recently from Influenster that I have been keeping next to the door to apply before I leave.

🌟 Messes happen. I don't know what it is about summertime and pool season that make random messes happen much more often. Maybe it's just me and my love of life-sized frozen daiquiris...or everyone else in the city loving these and spilling them EVERYWHERE, but I have NEVER regretted being prepared. You need these gentlemen, keep those hands clean!  These wet wipes are my current go to and come in simple 2 packs that are small enough to fit in your wallet or a few in your new cross chest bag.

🌟Like I said earlier, the sun out here hits different. You have to protect yourself, especially if you're planning on spending the day out in it. Keep your eyes protected with my favorite new line of sun shades.

These come in like 9 different polarized shade colors. They are gorgeous! Pick up a different color for each person in your squad!

🌟You will need a hat to protect your head and face from the sun as much as possible. Men usually keep a few ballcaps on hand but we have a rule here at the clubs about logos and sayings on anything so just to be safe, here is a plain ball cap you can add to your wardrobe.

Here is another for the flat billed culture. This hat comes in tons of colors so you can coordinate with your outfit, and you can always get it customized later on if you don't love the blank cap.
This is it! Make sure you tag me on Instagram @NikkiOnVegas when you are lounging out at the pool or taking a day out on the town so I can see how you're living your Vegas Life! And send me a tweet with your Vegas questions, comments, concerns. Send me an email if you are thinking about planning your Las Vegas trip and want me to help you make sure you're at the hottest spots and have the best time. Stop by my HOTELS page to get special hotel rates sent straight to you from my hotel team. We get rates up to 30% off nationally advertised rates!

Comment - Share - Subscribe

<3 Nikki









***Each product I feature has been independently selected by me. If you make a purchase using the links included, I may earn a commission.***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in

Mom Life in Quarantine: Toddler Craft Time - Hidden Messages Water Coloring

Social Distancing and Quarantine with my wonderful 2-year-old has been an experience so far! I am a stay at home mom, so having him home with me every day is nothing new, but what IS new is how quickly he's growing, learning and developing new skills. Almost faster than I can keep up. What entertained him all day pre quarantine now won't hold his attention for more than 10 minutes. So I've got to get more creative in the ways that I keep HIM creative. Here's where we are today: Hidden messages to be revealed while water coloring! So, to start we had to work with what we had: The back of his coloring pages he'd already scribbled to his enjoyment White Crayon Cups/bowls Water Food Coloring/watercolors A paintbrush  Fresh paper is hard to come by in our household, so we are making it work with some recycled paper. I took the white crayon and wrote his name, drew some shapes I know he would recognize, the uppercase and lowercase letters I want to focus o

Sphynx: For The Girl On The Go

This year's Travel Goods Association 's Travel Goods Show '19 has introduced me to so many of my current favorite products! Today, we are talking about the Sphynx razor that you can use for hair removal ANYWHERE! Living in the desert makes shorts, sundresses, tank tops, surprise photo shoots and pool days a part of everyday life. Unfortunately, running around chasing a 1-year-old and taking care of everyone's vacations makes hair removal one of the last things on my to-do list! Lucky for me, I received a goodie bag from the Travel Goods Association at this year's Travel Goods Show that gave me my latest secret weapon! The Sphynx Portable Razor ! I keep this beauty in my bag at all times and it has already saved me from having to miss out on a pool day and the embarrassment of missing a spot trying to rush when wearing one of my favorite dresses. Here's how it works. This little beauty here has everything you need for a shave - a small squirt bottle

Earning The Crown - Ms. Nevada Regency International 2020

Winning a state title is a surreal moment. When they put that crown on my head and I did my celebratory walk, all I could think was that I still could NOT believe it. If you would have told me 30 days before, that I would not only be competing in a state pageant but WINNING one, I would not have believed you. Let me tell you how I got here. A few years ago, I did a little soul searching and found that for me to really be happy I needed to be spending my time in service to my community and making a positive impact on someone else's life even if that just meant an extra smile in their day. I started doing some googling to see what my options were and eventually came upon a state pageant I thought was the right fit for me! So, I went around campaigning and raising funds to get the coaching I needed and compete. Pageant week came around and I lost big time! I wasn't fortunate enough to place in that pageant at all, but I did win Best In Evening Gown so I was really proud of t

4 Week Fitness: Week 2

Shop this look at non-brandstore.com I am so happy that we made it to week 2! This is where we really start to test our commitment to ourselves! Can we stick through week 2 and finish the program? OF COURSE WE CAN ! Week 1 was so much fun for me, and I am beyond ready for week 2. Are you? Adding the Fitness Marshall back into my regular routine has done wonders for my mood. I could not love him anymore if I tried, and I hope you guys love him too! What I know we loved was the meditation days! I am SO glad you all vibed with that! Here is my favorite youtube meditation channel that I scroll through when I have something specific I want to be guided through. I also enjoy just putting on some relaxing nature sounds or Tibetan bowls and just vibe out. It took me a lot of time starting with guided meditations to get there though. You can read about my journey through meditation here . Last week  in my DMs , (which is a legit series I want to start because my DMs are WILD) I got

The Women of Las Vegas: The Monat Monarchs

Meet the Monat Monarchs A group of women after my whole heart! The Monat Monarchs is a Las Vegas-based group of powerful boss babes spreading uplifting messages of gratitude, growth, and grace through connecting women all over our community and fueled by the Monat Premium Hair and Skin Products. Monat is a brand that has put their consumers first at every available opportunity. During this pandemic, their production team has made a focus on creating hand sanitizer gel to add to every order placed on April 7th for 15 days. They didn't stop there, they are also sending out 40,000 bottles of hand sanitizer gel to children's services organizations, homeless shelters, and community centers on the front lines across America and Canada. View this post on Instagram We're making hand sanitizer gel! Addressing the recent shortage of hand sanitizer amidst the #COVID19 pandemic, our diligent manufacturing team is temporar

4 Week Fitness: Week 3

Welcome to week 3! We are at the halfway mark and moving past it with a FORCE ! We've got this far and we owe it to ourselves to push through and finish these last 2 weeks. I am already SO PROUD OF US ! Now is the time to lock in our rewards. Whether you are coming to party with me in Vegas for the opening of Encore Beach Club or splurging at your favorite local spot for a stay-cation, do it BIG ! You have earned it . This is a mirror of week 1. I think it's important for our bodies to get at least a little comfortable with the movements we are doing so that we can get the most out of these workouts! Last year, we talked about fitness inspiration and the destructive energy I used to attach to fitspo and why I think I never really kept up with a fitness routine. For me, the energy and the attitude that is behind anything I do is HUGE. I am at the point where I chose, if something doesn't vibe right with me, I'm just not doing it. I would DREAD doing the things

My Disney+ Watchlist: November Launch

I love a good streaming service, and Disney has just taken 100% of my viewing time with the launch of its latest service, Disney+! They've got our all-time faves from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more. I've signed up, and locked in my free trial and am about to grab the popcorn and snuggle up for the long haul! Here's what's first up in my Disney+ watch list. My first ever Disney+ stream was an easy choice, The Nightmare Before Christmas! My tiny was Jack Skellington for Halloween, and it's the perfect movie for between the seasons. I'm sure we'll put this one back on a few times as it's an all-time favorite. Next up, we went straight to The Goofy Movie! I have the fondest memories of this from being a kid! I'm pretty sure I had the tape 😂. My tiny was fully ready to jump up and try to do the Power Line/Goofy dance with me. And, he recognized Goofy from the shows he gets to watch now. Such a fun moment. Then w

My Netflix Obsession: Raising Dion

My latest Netflix obsession lands right on Raising Dion. This Netflix Original is about a Widowed single mother, played by Alisha Wainwright (that I recognize from Shadow Hunters), who is doing her best to raise a son with superhuman abilities that seem to keep growing. While we are at NO shortage of superhero movies and shows right now, this one breaks the average mold by being the story of a child of color. Without giving you too many spoilers, this is why you should start binging right now. First, second and third of all MICHAEL B. JORDAN. Thank you, and goodnight folks. That smile moves mountains and can get me to watch anything! BUT, I got caught up and sucked in before I even realized he was in this so it was a delightful bonus. Unfortunately, we learn early on in the movie that Michael's character, Mark, was killed in a storm saving someone giving us the hero factor right out of the gate. The characters of this show are SO easily loveable. Dion, played by Ja'Siah

The Women of Las Vegas: Debra Storey of Blazzian Collection

Meet Debra Storey Highly educated in Fashion and Business, Debra Storey uses her sleek and eye-catching designs to take the Las Vegas Fashion Scene to another level. Blazzian Collection was introduced to Las Vegas in 2008 at the Vegas Fashion Show Party. Since then, she has used her unique ability to create beautiful designs to help raise funds for causes such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Nevada and Save Black Boys Las Vegas. While we've all been following through with our orders to #StayHomeForNevada , Debra has been working hard to create masks that allow us an added layer of protection when we NEED to go out and using the proceeds from those orders to aid single parents who are struggling during this time get the essentials they need to care for their families. Blazzian Collection Facebook Page Through the Blazzian Collection's official social media pages ( Instagram , Facebook ), we see that through the difficulty Las Vegas is curren