Skip to main content

Cruising Through the Pacific - Let's Go Sailing Part II


We've decided to make this a yearly thing! And, if I have it my way, we'll be doing it twice a year soon! I am SO IN LOVE with the ease of taking a cruise! You can buy everything ahead of time and just enjoy the cruise and everything you picked and not have to stress over cost, scheduling or anything while you're enjoying it. This time, we took a cruise out of LA to Catalina Island and Ensenada! Here's how it went.



Carnival is amazing when it comes to getting you on board quickly. They give you every opportunity imaginable to get these memorable moments professionally shot. Walking into the building to check-in, going from check in to the line to get on the ship, walking from the dock to the ship, and once you get on the ship. I'm not exaggerating, there is actually that many photo ops set up and that's just before you get on! My first stop, the bar for a cocktail then straight to the deck to watch us sail away! I used to DRINK, DRINK but since I've had my son I don't drink like that anymore. This trip, we did not buy the all you can drink package and my bar tab for maybe 5 or 6 drinks through the entire cruise was over $100...so if you plan on drinking more than that in a 5-day cruise you should probably get the package! That's the only outrageous thing on the whole ship though in my opinion. That's my one rant, the first night on the ship is nice there are welcome parties and shows all the time. BUT we had just driven in through dumb traffic from Vegas and it was stressful so we actually ended up turning in early...and using a vacation to catch up on some sleep is SO ACCEPTABLE.



The next day we woke up at Catalina Island! I had never been here before and had NO idea this was here. We took a chill day and just walked up and down the beach area, popping in and out of the shops and cafes and enjoying the view. It is definitely beautiful here, and everyone was SO nice. We bought some trinkets and overpriced tumblers and regret nothing! If we ever come back and do this same cruise I will probably want to do the same thing and just relax in the little beach spot the whole day.









Then back on the ship for a lovely evening that I did not get photos of because IDK what in the world I was thinking! There is SO much entertainment comedy shows, musical acts, there were contests all the time it was LIT! There also is a night club, multiple bars a whole casino with table games, arcade, pool, jacuzzi, viewing decks, gaming deck...It's IMPOSSIBLE to be board. Most people are in a super chill I'm on vacation mode too so I ended up meeting new people like every day! And I'm that super quiet awkward girl that sits in the corner!






The next day we awoke in Ensenada, Baja Californa, Mexico. I love this place with my whole heart and would buy a house here if I could! Every person I come across here is so welcoming, kind, and willing to teach me about their language, customs, and traditions. Here we do the tour that takes us to their cultural center and La Bufadora. At the Cultural Center, we get the opportunity to learn about the area we are in and the impact they have had. Then, at the Buffadora we get to walk down a strip mall of vendors that are selling anything and everything! Candy, Bags, Art, Jewelry, Tacos, prescription drugs...EVERYTHING yall! I love walking through here and haggling for cute things. My one must have is I a sugar skull that is molded out of some kind of bones. They are beautiful and I'm obsessed. I have about 3 right now and can't wait to grow my collection.




We also got the opportunity to spend some up close and personal time with some young felines that had been rescued from tragic conditions that they are rehabilitating before they are taken to a larger wildlife sanctuary. I feel so blessed to get the opportunity to see creatures I would NEVER get the opportunity to see in my everyday life. At the very end of the strip mall, there's the Bufadora which I think means blowhole. It's SUPER COOL! Legend says if you get sprayed by the water that comes up out the la bufadora you will be blessed with luck. I was about ready to JUMP into it! I'll take all the luck I can get. It's absolutely beautiful. The only downside here is you can only pay cash for everything unless you're in the restaurant - then they accept whatever card you can use in other countries (you'll have to check with your card issuer for details on that), and the bathrooms also cost money unless you are using it in the restaurant. So pretty much, just bring some cash.

Let's talk about the food. DELICIOUS! I didn't end up going to any of the restaurants that you have to pay extra for, we just ate at the places that were included and I ate something different every single day! And everything was good. SO, to start they have a buffet style eating area where you just walk up and scoop up whatever they made for the day. They have lunch, and dinner ready at various times through the day. Then, right outside that room, they have a burger place that will grill it up however you like it with all the toppings and fries at the ready. And right next to that they have a burrito place where they make it fresh right in front of you! You could have chicken, beef, or shrimp!! In the morning this whole area is breakfast too with made to order omelets, waffles, grits...the works. ALSO, in the very back of the indoor eating room, there is a 24-hour pizza shop where they make you fresh greasy pizza whenever you want it. SO at 3 am after I was done at the night club...this was exactly what I needed. You can also get room service delivered to your room from a select menu for NO extra charge. HEAVEN! But wait, there's more. My favorite part is the fancy dining dinner! You are assigned a table and a specific time to eat dinner here every night. It's super fancy y'all. They have waiters come by and pour water in the "fancy cups" (lmao), and you get your food in courses. But it's also turnt at the same time because there's a guy that walks around trying to sell you jello shots like we're in Senor Frogs or something and at the end of the night all the waiters get up and dance together. They serve things like lobster bisque, steak that seems like it's way too small a portion but it actually fills you up, fancy fish tacos, and yummy desserts. You don't ever have to dress up to eat here. I think the only dress code is you have to wear clothes and shoes, but one night they have evening wear night and I went all the way in for it because that's just who I am as a person. If you didn't purchase any of the drink packages, the only drinks you get at no extra charge is water out of the dining hall and lemonade or orange juice during meal service. My mom was smart enough to buy a tumbler, so she would just fill that with water and we would go on about our day not worried about anything else.






This was our 2nd cruise so far and we will definitely be coming back for another. So far we have only used the Carnival Cruise line and only gone as far as Ensenada. I don't have a full Travel Agency just yet so I can not help you plan out your next cruise. When we book right now, we book directly from the Cruise Line. We also book early. For example, if we are cruising in July, we set the reservation back in October and put in the deposit and pay for it monthly (an idea I'm going to happily borrow in the next few months once I get my full agency, thank you Carnival). Once we put in our reservation, they call us almost every month with free upgrade options or discounted package rates that make us even more excited about the cruise and even cheaper to get the things we were going to buy anyways! All in all, I fully recommend the Carnival Cruise line and recommend you plan out at least ONE cruise in the next 12 months. You will not regret it, but you might regret NOT doing it.

Comment - Share - Subscribe

<3 - Nikki









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Safety 101: 5 Tips for Solo Travel to Las Vegas

Getting your whole crew together to come party with you in Vegas can be a challenge! Everyone has a reason to miss out on this trip, whether it's budget, timing, childcare, etc. Sometimes, you have to just catch a flight and take a vacation by yourself! This can be the best time you've ever had, but you have more safety concerns when you're solo than when you're with a crew. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind on your next solo outing in Las Vegas. Stay In Public Areas Las Vegas is among the most popular tourist destinations in America. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is safe, and you feel secure. You can't get into the hotel elevators at most resorts unless you have a room key, Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and the Fremont Street Experience are lined with on-duty police officers, and each hotel has their own trained security staff ready to aid any situation (even labor!). Some of our best venues are off the strip. For this, I recommend taking...

Vegas Bound: Halloween Week 2019

I love every reason to let my inner spook out, so the ENTIRE month of October is an all-out celebration for me! If you're here, you must be getting ready to spend your Halloween in Las Vegas and I could NOT be more excited for you. Whether you are a Las Vegas Local, or here for the weekend, Las Vegas is one of the most amazing places in the world for entertainment, and to take a nice relaxing (or turnt) vacation. As much as Vegas has the reputation to be an Adults only trip, we have tons of spooktacular events for the whole family to enjoy. If you are heading to Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween, check out the hotel rooms available from my team. We can get rates up to 30% lower than nationally advertised rates all year round, even on national holidays. And when you book with me, you get the option of having me personally help you plan out your vacation specifics and help to manage any last-minute emergencies. A few tips if you are coming through for the costume contests. V...

Vegas Bound: January 2020 Guide

Welcome to 2020! May this year bring you all the things you have set out for yourself. Hopefully, that includes lots of Vegas time. This list does not include everything that is happening here regularly like the Cirque du solei shows, the daily free shows, sights and things like that. I've just got the big and noteworthy things that are here for the moment and all the club events I could stand to type up. If you are planning a vacation or staycation, book your hotel with my team. We keep rates 20%-30% off nationally advertised rates. I also have rates in cities outside of Las Vegas, so check with us for all of your hotel needs. As of right now, I'm looking at weekend rates of $73 per night+ taxes and fees at the Planet Hollywood for their standard rooms (Ultra Hip King). If a budget is not how you do Vegas, I recommend the Ultra Panorama Suite at $676 per night +taxes and fees. Check the rates for your travel dates, and book with me today. Here's what we have going...

Beauty Moment: Belle Beauty 'Shero - Shadow Stick'

Shadow sticks are starting to become a necessity in my makeup go-bag. Most days when I'm getting ready something happens and I'm left with 1/2 the time I need to finish my makeup, or even worse I have to finish in the car when I get there! For those kinds of moments, I LOVE shadow sticks. This Shadow Stick from Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel in Pink Champagne is the latest edition to my go-bag. We got this one in a kit from QVC, and I'm sure you can order directly from the Belle Beauty website . I am loving this right now because it's such a quick and easy way to level up my look by adding that shimmer I love to my lid and the easy to use stick means I can level up anywhere at any time. It has a really easy to apply soft consistency that you can just blend with your finger or go in with brushes if you feel the need. It has a really simple twist up top so you'll never need a sharpener, and I know they say to never do this, but I twisted it all the way to see...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...

Kid Friendly Vegas: Kangamoo

I have a one-year-old! Life is BANANAS! To celebrate my young King's first birthday, we took him to Kangamoo indoor playground. Here's how it went. This place is HUGE. I was shook once I walked in and tried to find the bathroom through what felt like miles of padded kid-wonderland. I didn't do too much exploring of the big kid area, and I made it a point not to go when they were having a special event but according to their facebook page, this place is lit! Every Thursday 4:30-5:30 they have a character come by and play around with the kids (perfect photo op), Wednesday is arts and crafts day 10AM-12, Balloon Animals and face paint every Friday 2-4, and Musical Story Time on Tuesday 10AM-12. All other times Mon - Fri 9am-7pm and Sat-Sun 9AM-5PM is open play time. Now, back to my nugget. I think he had a BLAST! This was his first time playing outside of our home and having so many options for new things to touch. It was ADORABLE. His attention span is one thing ...

The Women of Las Vegas: The Monat Monarchs

Meet the Monat Monarchs A group of women after my whole heart! The Monat Monarchs is a Las Vegas-based group of powerful boss babes spreading uplifting messages of gratitude, growth, and grace through connecting women all over our community and fueled by the Monat Premium Hair and Skin Products. Monat is a brand that has put their consumers first at every available opportunity. During this pandemic, their production team has made a focus on creating hand sanitizer gel to add to every order placed on April 7th for 15 days. They didn't stop there, they are also sending out 40,000 bottles of hand sanitizer gel to children's services organizations, homeless shelters, and community centers on the front lines across America and Canada. View this post on Instagram We're making hand sanitizer gel! Addressing the recent shortage of hand sanitizer amidst the #COVID19 pandemic, our diligent manufacturing team is temporar...

4 Week Fitness: Week 3

Welcome to week 3! We are at the halfway mark and moving past it with a FORCE ! We've got this far and we owe it to ourselves to push through and finish these last 2 weeks. I am already SO PROUD OF US ! Now is the time to lock in our rewards. Whether you are coming to party with me in Vegas for the opening of Encore Beach Club or splurging at your favorite local spot for a stay-cation, do it BIG ! You have earned it . This is a mirror of week 1. I think it's important for our bodies to get at least a little comfortable with the movements we are doing so that we can get the most out of these workouts! Last year, we talked about fitness inspiration and the destructive energy I used to attach to fitspo and why I think I never really kept up with a fitness routine. For me, the energy and the attitude that is behind anything I do is HUGE. I am at the point where I chose, if something doesn't vibe right with me, I'm just not doing it. I would DREAD doing the things...

Now Streaming: 'Legacies' on Netflix Seasons 1 and 2

I love a good supernatural drama series. I was all in on the 'Vampire Diaries' for a while, and when the 'Originals' came in with what felt like a more "grown-up" storyline from the beginning, I was instantly HOOKED! It had everything I needed in a supernatural drama, but when that ended I was left in a show hole. How do you even follow up on that epic storyline, but thank the bright minds at CW they made it happen with 'Legacies'. With 'Legacies', we are tuning in to the life of Hope Mikaelson after the loss of her parents at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted ran by Alaric Saltzman who is firmly seated in our hearts from 'Vampire Diaries'. Alaric is the headmaster of the Salvatore School and is looking after his twin daughters who are the last living members of the Gemini Coven. This is exactly the drama series I needed to check into during this quarantine. The Salvatore School is home to the witch, werewolf and vampire ...