Skip to main content

MTV Movie Awards 2019: Vegas Faves and Looks I Love

Any MTV Awards show has such a huge place in my heart! I just remember being young and thinking how exciting it was to watch all my favorite celebrities getting trophies. All the performances and then getting to talk to my friends about it at school the next day! Well, now we have Twitter to instantly connect to everyone, see behind the scenes, all the processes and relive every moment we loved whenever we want! It's a whole new world now, and I'm carving out my little slice with my first live event coverage blog!

I loved the low key theme of this year's show was to love yourself, dream big and be kind to people! Jada MOVED me so much when she spoke about those internal trails, and The Rock is always such a beautiful source of inspiration. While all of that was amazing and beautiful, what I'm here to talk about today is Red Carpet Love! Here's a quick list of the looks I loved, and who we love to see here in Vegas.

Jada took this year's trail blazer with the red table talk being her current center piece. I think she looked ABSOLUTELY fabulous on the carpet.
Embed from Getty Images

Hormone monsters!! I SCREAMED! I am definitely a huge fan of animation and seeing those characters physically out in the world makes me beyond happy!
Embed from Getty Images

Brett Dier better work!!! I'll take a batman suit over anything ANYDAY! Check him out.
Embed from Getty Images

Tiffany Haddish worked this! Every picture I saw of her in this gown was amazing. I love her vibe, and that she is so free to be herself on any red carpet.
Embed from Getty Images

MJ Rodriguez immediately makes me think of she wildly dope TV series POSE that I've been watching the past couple weeks on Netflix and I just LOVE the cut of this SUPER V here!
Embed from Getty Images

Sydney Sweeney had on my favorite dress of the day! When I have my first gown customized I'm totally checking back to this exact look for inspiration. Gorgeous.
Embed from Getty Images

Tana just IS money. I have no further comments, thank you very much.
Embed from Getty Images

Brody Jenner was the ONLY Vegas staple I recognized in my Getty Image search! Thank God for The Hills or we might have missed having any recognizable faces. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen him back too often! His most recent appearance was at On The Record, and I'm used to seeing his name associated with Hakkasan Group before that.
Embed from Getty Images

PK Subban and Lindsey Vonn because I LOVE a hockey couple. I didn't see any VGK members, but I'll HAPPILY send love out to PK and the lovely Lindsey!
Embed from Getty Images

Dave Bautista is everything I never knew I needed in men's fashion. I'm going to be referencing this look for WEEKS to my clients. I'm 100% here for it.
Embed from Getty Images

Vanessa Marano gave me a whole look to obsess over. Body con, legs for days, long sleeve, blingy, sleek pony. Yes yes yes.
Embed from Getty Images

Alyssa Edwards always gives me the drama and lightness but fierce and perfect that I need in a red carpet event!
Embed from Getty Images

The Vegas love was not heavy this year that I noticed but I'm rooting for us for next year! I loved getting to look at something I usually fan girl at with blogger goggles so I'll be doing some more event coverage like this and hopefully start doing some live coverage on social media!

Comment - Share - Subscribe

🖤 Nikki


Any clicks will lead you to Getty Images.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Safety 101: 5 Tips for Solo Travel to Las Vegas

Getting your whole crew together to come party with you in Vegas can be a challenge! Everyone has a reason to miss out on this trip, whether it's budget, timing, childcare, etc. Sometimes, you have to just catch a flight and take a vacation by yourself! This can be the best time you've ever had, but you have more safety concerns when you're solo than when you're with a crew. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind on your next solo outing in Las Vegas. Stay In Public Areas Las Vegas is among the most popular tourist destinations in America. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is safe, and you feel secure. You can't get into the hotel elevators at most resorts unless you have a room key, Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and the Fremont Street Experience are lined with on-duty police officers, and each hotel has their own trained security staff ready to aid any situation (even labor!). Some of our best venues are off the strip. For this, I recommend taking...

Vegas Bound: Halloween Week 2019

I love every reason to let my inner spook out, so the ENTIRE month of October is an all-out celebration for me! If you're here, you must be getting ready to spend your Halloween in Las Vegas and I could NOT be more excited for you. Whether you are a Las Vegas Local, or here for the weekend, Las Vegas is one of the most amazing places in the world for entertainment, and to take a nice relaxing (or turnt) vacation. As much as Vegas has the reputation to be an Adults only trip, we have tons of spooktacular events for the whole family to enjoy. If you are heading to Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween, check out the hotel rooms available from my team. We can get rates up to 30% lower than nationally advertised rates all year round, even on national holidays. And when you book with me, you get the option of having me personally help you plan out your vacation specifics and help to manage any last-minute emergencies. A few tips if you are coming through for the costume contests. V...

Beauty Moment: What's In My Makeup Bag

This is a new one for me, but as a state titleholder in the Beauty world, it's about time I get sharing what's going on in my makeup bag. I always love seeing these posts on Youtube and in the Blog-sphere and I got a whole new kit that I've been loving so I figured now is the perfect time to share my first Makeup Bag spill. This cute bag I probably got from Ipsy and has been holding some of my new additions. PRIMER: I kind of consider primer as part of my skincare prep routine, but it's in my makeup bag so here we go! I always jump between primers but right now, my go-to is Smashbox The Original Photo Finish Smooth & Blur.   CONCEALER: When I start slipping on my self-care, my skin is the FIRST thing to tell everyone how stressed out I am! Because of that, I've been stockpiling an arsenal of concealer to keep my skin issues on the low. It Cosmetics has the perfect shade to blend with my skin tone in their Bye Bye Under Eye full coverage anti-a...

Beauty Moment: Belle Beauty 'Shero - Shadow Stick'

Shadow sticks are starting to become a necessity in my makeup go-bag. Most days when I'm getting ready something happens and I'm left with 1/2 the time I need to finish my makeup, or even worse I have to finish in the car when I get there! For those kinds of moments, I LOVE shadow sticks. This Shadow Stick from Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel in Pink Champagne is the latest edition to my go-bag. We got this one in a kit from QVC, and I'm sure you can order directly from the Belle Beauty website . I am loving this right now because it's such a quick and easy way to level up my look by adding that shimmer I love to my lid and the easy to use stick means I can level up anywhere at any time. It has a really easy to apply soft consistency that you can just blend with your finger or go in with brushes if you feel the need. It has a really simple twist up top so you'll never need a sharpener, and I know they say to never do this, but I twisted it all the way to see...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...

Vegas Bound: January 2020 Guide

Welcome to 2020! May this year bring you all the things you have set out for yourself. Hopefully, that includes lots of Vegas time. This list does not include everything that is happening here regularly like the Cirque du solei shows, the daily free shows, sights and things like that. I've just got the big and noteworthy things that are here for the moment and all the club events I could stand to type up. If you are planning a vacation or staycation, book your hotel with my team. We keep rates 20%-30% off nationally advertised rates. I also have rates in cities outside of Las Vegas, so check with us for all of your hotel needs. As of right now, I'm looking at weekend rates of $73 per night+ taxes and fees at the Planet Hollywood for their standard rooms (Ultra Hip King). If a budget is not how you do Vegas, I recommend the Ultra Panorama Suite at $676 per night +taxes and fees. Check the rates for your travel dates, and book with me today. Here's what we have going...

4 Week Fitness: Week 3

Welcome to week 3! We are at the halfway mark and moving past it with a FORCE ! We've got this far and we owe it to ourselves to push through and finish these last 2 weeks. I am already SO PROUD OF US ! Now is the time to lock in our rewards. Whether you are coming to party with me in Vegas for the opening of Encore Beach Club or splurging at your favorite local spot for a stay-cation, do it BIG ! You have earned it . This is a mirror of week 1. I think it's important for our bodies to get at least a little comfortable with the movements we are doing so that we can get the most out of these workouts! Last year, we talked about fitness inspiration and the destructive energy I used to attach to fitspo and why I think I never really kept up with a fitness routine. For me, the energy and the attitude that is behind anything I do is HUGE. I am at the point where I chose, if something doesn't vibe right with me, I'm just not doing it. I would DREAD doing the things...

The Women Of Las Vegas: With Love Reiki from Sheila

Meet Sheila Sclafani-Cook As a Usui/Holy Fire® III, Karuna Reiki®Master, and a Seraphim Blueprint practitioner, Sheila Sclafani-Cook is a local treasure. Her path through Spirituality has connected her with Spirit and she is guided to support others on the healing path through meditations, classes, Reiki sessions or bringing others to the way of Reiki by teaching Reiki to them. With Love Reiki and Healing was founded to create a place where people can come to allow their soul to breathe. Through this time of Social Distancing, I've been getting my much-needed meditations and Reiki healing from her Youtube channel where we can all tune in at no charge and get regularly updated Reiki distance healing. I first met Sheila through one of my Mom's meditations at Enchanted Forest, and when I was going through a really confusing time in my life I went to her to get a Reiki session. To say it was amazing is an understatement! It was exactly what I needed to get m...

Vegas for Christmas

When we think of a holiday vacation, we don't really put Vegas and Christmas together in one sentence unless it also involves a Batchelor party. I'm here to challenge that with 3 reasons you should hit Vegas for the holidays that DON'T include the partying, gambling, drinking, and year-round Vegas events. HOLIDAY FEAST There are very few places in the world you can hop around a 3-mile area and have a meal from celebrity chefs and world-class foodie favorites. Not to even mention what feels like "regular" to locals, but is still a top reason thousands flock to the city regardless of the season: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS! For the holidays we go all out and tend to have a price tag to match, but a staple in inexpensive and AMAZING is Ellis Island. Just trust me. Your hotel's cafe will also have reasonable prices! Here's a short list of "OMG you've gotta eat here" on Christmas Night: THE BUFFET AT ARIA - $53.99 for all you can eat, endl...