Skip to main content

Vegas Travel Guide 2020: When to plan your next trip and what to do when you get here



This is my favorite post of the year! When I get to outline my favorite times to be in Las Vegas, and what you should do once you get here for each of those times. I can not wait for you to come through and check them out for yourself.  First things first, no matter when you decide to come, make sure you check with my hotel team for the best rates and book with us every time you come to Vegas. We also keep rates for different cities, so check with us every time you need a vacation or a staycation.

Vegas staples are going to be available year-round, like the amazing scenery, nightlife, gaming, shows, and restaurants so don't forget to add those to your itinerary and budget.

WINTER


Specifically, January 11th - 17th is a great time to get here. We just went through the craziness of the New Year and the holidays so we are kind of in a "settle down" phase and things aren't as crowded or surge priced. Here are a few things to do outside of clubbing, shows, and tours:


VALENTINE'S DAY


I love LOVE you guys, and every reason to celebrate it.  Las Vegas is an amazing place for a Valentine Day escape for you and your boo. This is not the time to penny-pinch though, this is the time to go all out. Book the upgrades, call the limo, get the flowers delivered and spring for dessert every time! This year we are lucky to have Valentine's Day fall on a Friday, so we get the whole weekend to keep the romance going. Plan for the weekend of February 14-16. Book your room and plan for some of my favorite luxury romantic activities:

POOL SEASON


The start of pool season will vary based on the weather and the venue but they all seem to open within the first week or 2 of March. I like the first few weekends of pool season because it's not as crowded but just as fun! Here are my favorite pools and pool clubs to visit and where you should pick up your swimwear.

ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Fremont Street Experience

St. Patrick's Day falls on a Tuesday (March 17th) this year, but we still plan to drink ALL of the green things before the day is through! I highly recommend booking a room Downtown in the Fremont Street Experience area as that's one of the best places to be, and I don't want you to have to worry about driving or finding your Uber. I am a fan of the Golden Nugget, book your room here. Feel free to get as decked out as you see fit, as the Downtown Las Vegas area draws the crowd that takes their celebrations very seriously. You will run into more Leprechaun Elvi(Elvises?) than you can count! My green drink of choice is a Midori sour. If that's not strong enough for you, find a bar that still serves hypnotic and get yourself an incredible hulk (2 parts hypnotic to 1 part Hennessy)! A few places will also have green beer ready and waiting. I'll be sharing everything I find in my Instagram Story and on Twitter. 💚💚
Here's a list of green beverages to try:

  • Midori Sour
    • 1oz Midori
    • 1oz Vodka
    • 2oz Sour mixer
    • Splash 7up
  • Sour Apple Margarita (Frozen or on the rocks)
    • 2 oz Tequila
    • 3 tbsp Sour Apple Liquor
    • 1 oz Triple sec
    • 1 oz Lime Juice/Sour mixer
  • Mojito
    • 1.5 oz Rum (white)
    • 4oz Club Soda
    • Syrup or sugar to taste
    • Fresh Mint 
    • Lime slices

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 

Life Is Beautiful 2019

Art, music, and comedy combine in our Downtown Las Vegas area to bring you the amazing Life Is Beautiful festival! When you're here for LIB, September 18 - 20, you're going to get a whole vibe! Staying anywhere in town would be okay, but downtown is recommended. I like The Plaza and The Downtown Grand for this weekend's events. The Downtown Grand is the "Official Hotel Partner" so staying there is going to give you a few extra perks if you plan on doing some extra partying outside of the festival. Book your room with me here. With the festival, we are getting some of today's best music creators, artists that keep the city beautiful year-round, comedians, and big thinkers all in one place. They also give us a whole culinary EXPERIENCE with different vendors offering a variety to please every pallet.  As far as entertainment and eats, you really don't need to look further than what the festival offers but the city also hosts different events in celebration of LIB. Keep an eye on my social channels for further details when that drops.

HALLOWEEN

Fremont Halloween Costume Contest

I love Halloween almost as much as I love Vegas. Getting dressed up in something spooky or sexy or maybe a superhero is SO much fun! Then I get to play in makeup in a way that I don't get to normally. And in Vegas, it's LIT.  I will definitely have an October post up covering what will be happening. Just touring our haunted houses is enough to keep you shook all year long! But, of course, we have SO MUCH MORE than just scaring you out of your pants. For families, we have at least 3 Pumpkin Patch kind of fair's setup for the kids that have rides, carnival-style games and of course hot chocolate/apple cider with carnival snacks. We have a few escape rooms that are a great addition to a Halloween outing that are more fun and puzzle-like than scary (but we DO have scary ones too). And the clubs go off! We have costume contests all over town with cash prizes for spookiest, sexiest, most original...ALL THE THINGS...and again I love Downtown Las Vegas as a home base for your stay. I recommend staying at the D, book your room here.

NEW YEAR


This is the busiest time to be here hands down. The fireworks, the shows, the celebrity, the vibe. We definitely bring out our best for the last night of the year. We book up near capacity everywhere, and there is NOTHING cheap and very few things free. This definitely isn't a budget-friendly trip, but it is worth saving for because this will be one of the best nights of your life and an amazing way to ring in the new year. The strip completely shuts down so that you can walk up and down Las Vegas Boulevard, see the news filming everywhere, party with your favorite celebrity or watch them perform and then watch the best fireworks show we can put together. For this, The Strip (area) is the place to be. I recommend Planet Hollywood's Panorama suites, Hilton Grand Vacation Suites at the Elara with Strip View, strip view at the Delano, and any room with a Strip View at the Palms and Palms Place (I highly recommend the fantasy suites). Get your hotel rates from my team here.


Overall I think weekends are the best fun wise and for entertainment options. I recommend using an Uber instead of renting a car, as you will have to pay for parking everywhere anyways. And PLEASE venture outside of your hotel/the area you are staying in! If you are staying on the Strip - go see DTLV and not just Fremont street, go all around to the Mob Museum and the Container Park. If you're staying in DTLV, go check out Summerlin like the Red Rock Hotel and Casino and DTSummerlin Shopping center and Red Rock Canyon. Vegas has so much to offer. I am available via email or social media DM if you are stuck in your planning and need some help, or if you are already here and need some tips on what to do.



Have you been to Vegas before? Leave me a comment with your favorite time to be in town!

🖤Nikki


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Safety 101: 5 Tips for Solo Travel to Las Vegas

Getting your whole crew together to come party with you in Vegas can be a challenge! Everyone has a reason to miss out on this trip, whether it's budget, timing, childcare, etc. Sometimes, you have to just catch a flight and take a vacation by yourself! This can be the best time you've ever had, but you have more safety concerns when you're solo than when you're with a crew. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind on your next solo outing in Las Vegas. Stay In Public Areas Las Vegas is among the most popular tourist destinations in America. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is safe, and you feel secure. You can't get into the hotel elevators at most resorts unless you have a room key, Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and the Fremont Street Experience are lined with on-duty police officers, and each hotel has their own trained security staff ready to aid any situation (even labor!). Some of our best venues are off the strip. For this, I recommend taking...

Vegas Bound: Halloween Week 2019

I love every reason to let my inner spook out, so the ENTIRE month of October is an all-out celebration for me! If you're here, you must be getting ready to spend your Halloween in Las Vegas and I could NOT be more excited for you. Whether you are a Las Vegas Local, or here for the weekend, Las Vegas is one of the most amazing places in the world for entertainment, and to take a nice relaxing (or turnt) vacation. As much as Vegas has the reputation to be an Adults only trip, we have tons of spooktacular events for the whole family to enjoy. If you are heading to Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween, check out the hotel rooms available from my team. We can get rates up to 30% lower than nationally advertised rates all year round, even on national holidays. And when you book with me, you get the option of having me personally help you plan out your vacation specifics and help to manage any last-minute emergencies. A few tips if you are coming through for the costume contests. V...

Beauty Moment: What's In My Makeup Bag

This is a new one for me, but as a state titleholder in the Beauty world, it's about time I get sharing what's going on in my makeup bag. I always love seeing these posts on Youtube and in the Blog-sphere and I got a whole new kit that I've been loving so I figured now is the perfect time to share my first Makeup Bag spill. This cute bag I probably got from Ipsy and has been holding some of my new additions. PRIMER: I kind of consider primer as part of my skincare prep routine, but it's in my makeup bag so here we go! I always jump between primers but right now, my go-to is Smashbox The Original Photo Finish Smooth & Blur.   CONCEALER: When I start slipping on my self-care, my skin is the FIRST thing to tell everyone how stressed out I am! Because of that, I've been stockpiling an arsenal of concealer to keep my skin issues on the low. It Cosmetics has the perfect shade to blend with my skin tone in their Bye Bye Under Eye full coverage anti-a...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...

Vegas Bound: January 2020 Guide

Welcome to 2020! May this year bring you all the things you have set out for yourself. Hopefully, that includes lots of Vegas time. This list does not include everything that is happening here regularly like the Cirque du solei shows, the daily free shows, sights and things like that. I've just got the big and noteworthy things that are here for the moment and all the club events I could stand to type up. If you are planning a vacation or staycation, book your hotel with my team. We keep rates 20%-30% off nationally advertised rates. I also have rates in cities outside of Las Vegas, so check with us for all of your hotel needs. As of right now, I'm looking at weekend rates of $73 per night+ taxes and fees at the Planet Hollywood for their standard rooms (Ultra Hip King). If a budget is not how you do Vegas, I recommend the Ultra Panorama Suite at $676 per night +taxes and fees. Check the rates for your travel dates, and book with me today. Here's what we have going...

The Women Of Las Vegas: With Love Reiki from Sheila

Meet Sheila Sclafani-Cook As a Usui/Holy Fire® III, Karuna Reiki®Master, and a Seraphim Blueprint practitioner, Sheila Sclafani-Cook is a local treasure. Her path through Spirituality has connected her with Spirit and she is guided to support others on the healing path through meditations, classes, Reiki sessions or bringing others to the way of Reiki by teaching Reiki to them. With Love Reiki and Healing was founded to create a place where people can come to allow their soul to breathe. Through this time of Social Distancing, I've been getting my much-needed meditations and Reiki healing from her Youtube channel where we can all tune in at no charge and get regularly updated Reiki distance healing. I first met Sheila through one of my Mom's meditations at Enchanted Forest, and when I was going through a really confusing time in my life I went to her to get a Reiki session. To say it was amazing is an understatement! It was exactly what I needed to get m...

Vegas for Christmas

When we think of a holiday vacation, we don't really put Vegas and Christmas together in one sentence unless it also involves a Batchelor party. I'm here to challenge that with 3 reasons you should hit Vegas for the holidays that DON'T include the partying, gambling, drinking, and year-round Vegas events. HOLIDAY FEAST There are very few places in the world you can hop around a 3-mile area and have a meal from celebrity chefs and world-class foodie favorites. Not to even mention what feels like "regular" to locals, but is still a top reason thousands flock to the city regardless of the season: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS! For the holidays we go all out and tend to have a price tag to match, but a staple in inexpensive and AMAZING is Ellis Island. Just trust me. Your hotel's cafe will also have reasonable prices! Here's a short list of "OMG you've gotta eat here" on Christmas Night: THE BUFFET AT ARIA - $53.99 for all you can eat, endl...

Beauty Moment: Belle Beauty 'Shero - Shadow Stick'

Shadow sticks are starting to become a necessity in my makeup go-bag. Most days when I'm getting ready something happens and I'm left with 1/2 the time I need to finish my makeup, or even worse I have to finish in the car when I get there! For those kinds of moments, I LOVE shadow sticks. This Shadow Stick from Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel in Pink Champagne is the latest edition to my go-bag. We got this one in a kit from QVC, and I'm sure you can order directly from the Belle Beauty website . I am loving this right now because it's such a quick and easy way to level up my look by adding that shimmer I love to my lid and the easy to use stick means I can level up anywhere at any time. It has a really easy to apply soft consistency that you can just blend with your finger or go in with brushes if you feel the need. It has a really simple twist up top so you'll never need a sharpener, and I know they say to never do this, but I twisted it all the way to see...

My Netflix Obsession: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

I am loving that Netflix has original movies and series! Right now I am all caught up in The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and am very impatiently waiting for the release info on seasons 3 and 4! Let's talk all about why this is SUCH a binge-able flick and YOU should be just as excited to catch up! So, I went into CAOS without even knowing what I was getting myself into. I thought it was a Sabrina the Teenage witch via Melissa Joan Heart spin off/reboot/remake situation...I had NO idea Archie Comics had an entire dark world that spawned my childhood fave...because I would have been obsessed YEARS ago. They took something that was sweet, innocent and wholesome, added the actual devil and a dash of sexy and I've been horrified through every episode! The series keeps all our Sabrina favorites, Sabrina herself, Harvey, Hilda and Zelda, and my always favorite Salem but with a twist and gives us some new favorites in the Weird Sisters, Ambrose Spellman and Nicholas Scratch....