Skip to main content

Watch Next: BLEACH Live Action on Netflix

BLEACH - Live Action Movie


Let's talk Netflix! I spend so much time streaming my favorite shows and movies it is absolutely crazy. I'm sure if Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime (yes I have all of them) decided to tell me how many hours a month I spend using their streaming services it would be embarrassing. So, I totally know what's poppin on the streaming services and am more than happy to help you find your next entertainment title! Today, I'm telling you enough to get you excited but not spoil BLEACH!

Bleach was originally a manga (I never read it) then it became a TV series aka an Anime. I am a HUGE fan of the series and have watched the whole thing like 3 times on crunchy roll (Yes, I have that too). If you decide you like the movie, I 100% recommend you watch the series. Let me reel in my fangirl and tell you the basics:

The main character, Ichigo is just a regular-degular 15 year old (Who looks NOTHING like a 15-year-old in the movie nor the anime) who can see ghosts. He meets Rukia who is like an Evil Spirit (aka Hollow) Slayer who then trains Ichigo to be a Hollow slayer as well (They are actually called Soul Reapers)...and it comes with serious consequences.

Without spoiling the actual story of the movie that's all I want to tell you about the plot. What I will tell you is there is drama, there are laughs, there are "Oh Shit" moments and the special effects had me SHOOK! As a fan of the anime, I was AMAZED to see the hollows come to life and other special effects moments that I don't want to spoil. I watched it with my mom who is NOT an anime fan and has no patience for subtitles, but it kept her seated and entertained through till the end! I even caught her getting emotional over it, so you know she was locked in subtitles and all.

As a movie fan, and a fan of the anime I say WATCH IT, watch it now, and watch it often. It's got all the stuff you need for a great action movie and then some. You do have to read subtitles but for me, that's no big deal at all. The music is epic, the visuals are stunning. This is one to add to your list for sure. Honestly, after the Death Note fiasco, I was super scared to see what was going to happen and I am so very pleased with the outcome and now fully trust Netflix again with my anime entertainment.

Fangirl Discussion Time

If you haven't seen the show or the movie, I suggest you don't read this part because I'm going to talk about the differences and it could ruin some parts for you. And no matter how much it might seem like I'm complaining, I swear I'm not! I love the movie and I love the anime. I just have got to talk about these changes.

First of all, they didn't give me enough Chad! I understand that they only had a short period of time to make such an epic story make sense so a lot had to be turned down and cut out but it makes me sad that I didn't get to see Chad be Chad in the movie. He got like 2 scenes to be cool...and it just wasn't enough for me.

My second sad face came when I realized there was no Kon. This little guy is fully my favorite, and his presence was most definitely missed in this movie. I'm praying for sequels, but I feel like they completely missed the opportunity to introduce him now that Rukia is back in the Soul Society and Ichigo just leaves his body wherever the heck. I'm still holding out for him though. The creativity behind the live action could still find a way to make it work in the future. Fingers crossed!

I loved the cast. I thought each role was cast great, written great and their performance was amazing. Orihime was not "damsel in distress" enough for me though. She was totally sweet and innocent and "oh don't mind me getting knocked onto the ground and hit by cars" in the show and just a cute school girl with a crush in the movie. Another thing though that was weird to me about the cast was all the guy characters were super close to the characters in the show, like hair and outfits but NONE of the girls were obviously their characters visually. Ichigo had his orange hair, Chad had his hair in his face, Byakuya had his hair decorations, even Renji had dramatic red hair but NONE of the girl's hair was true to character...not even his sisters. What's that about?

I was just GUSHING over that last fight sequence. How freaking dope was the Grand Fisher!? I LOVED seeing Renji release his Zanpacto!!! Seeing Byakuya as the badass he is was everythinggggg...but the way that ended just messed me up. Like at this point why would he chase Rukia into the Soul Society? I wouldn't be thinking she's in trouble, she didn't leave under arrest, Hat and Clogs didn't come save him and explain the situation. She left with her powers returned...so why would they execute her still?  My mom was under the impression they were in love and obviously, he's going to go after her because he loves her...sooo are they going to make it a love thing? Because when I was watching the show I definitely didn't get love vibes when he went after her, it felt like it was a sense of duty. Like he owed her, like it was just the right thing to do.

Whatever ends up happening with Bleach, I'm here for it. I absolutely love watching my favorite animes become live action. As much crap as I talk about Death Note, it was wild and exciting to see it in live action and with characters that actually felt relatable to me. I am STILL waiting for an official Sailor Moon live action. I don't care what we have to do, who we have to pay or how many times I have to tweet lol I need that to be a reality! Attack on Titan still scares me as a live action, I can barely tolerate the anime...and another one I am dying to see made into live action is Sword Art Online! How dope would that be!? Like Ready Player One realness. 

What did you think of the Bleach Live Action? What anime do you want to see made live action next? Let me know down in the comments, or join the conversation with me on twitter and tag me @NikkiOnVegas in your next tweet!

Comment - Share - Subscribe

<3 - Nikki










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Vegas Bound: Halloween Week 2019

I love every reason to let my inner spook out, so the ENTIRE month of October is an all-out celebration for me! If you're here, you must be getting ready to spend your Halloween in Las Vegas and I could NOT be more excited for you. Whether you are a Las Vegas Local, or here for the weekend, Las Vegas is one of the most amazing places in the world for entertainment, and to take a nice relaxing (or turnt) vacation. As much as Vegas has the reputation to be an Adults only trip, we have tons of spooktacular events for the whole family to enjoy. If you are heading to Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween, check out the hotel rooms available from my team. We can get rates up to 30% lower than nationally advertised rates all year round, even on national holidays. And when you book with me, you get the option of having me personally help you plan out your vacation specifics and help to manage any last-minute emergencies. A few tips if you are coming through for the costume contests. V...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...

Safety 101: 5 Tips for Solo Travel to Las Vegas

Getting your whole crew together to come party with you in Vegas can be a challenge! Everyone has a reason to miss out on this trip, whether it's budget, timing, childcare, etc. Sometimes, you have to just catch a flight and take a vacation by yourself! This can be the best time you've ever had, but you have more safety concerns when you're solo than when you're with a crew. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind on your next solo outing in Las Vegas. Stay In Public Areas Las Vegas is among the most popular tourist destinations in America. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is safe, and you feel secure. You can't get into the hotel elevators at most resorts unless you have a room key, Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and the Fremont Street Experience are lined with on-duty police officers, and each hotel has their own trained security staff ready to aid any situation (even labor!). Some of our best venues are off the strip. For this, I recommend taking...

Sphynx: For The Girl On The Go

This year's Travel Goods Association 's Travel Goods Show '19 has introduced me to so many of my current favorite products! Today, we are talking about the Sphynx razor that you can use for hair removal ANYWHERE! Living in the desert makes shorts, sundresses, tank tops, surprise photo shoots and pool days a part of everyday life. Unfortunately, running around chasing a 1-year-old and taking care of everyone's vacations makes hair removal one of the last things on my to-do list! Lucky for me, I received a goodie bag from the Travel Goods Association at this year's Travel Goods Show that gave me my latest secret weapon! The Sphynx Portable Razor ! I keep this beauty in my bag at all times and it has already saved me from having to miss out on a pool day and the embarrassment of missing a spot trying to rush when wearing one of my favorite dresses. Here's how it works. This little beauty here has everything you need for a shave - a small squirt bottle ...

Now Streaming: 'Legacies' on Netflix Seasons 1 and 2

I love a good supernatural drama series. I was all in on the 'Vampire Diaries' for a while, and when the 'Originals' came in with what felt like a more "grown-up" storyline from the beginning, I was instantly HOOKED! It had everything I needed in a supernatural drama, but when that ended I was left in a show hole. How do you even follow up on that epic storyline, but thank the bright minds at CW they made it happen with 'Legacies'. With 'Legacies', we are tuning in to the life of Hope Mikaelson after the loss of her parents at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted ran by Alaric Saltzman who is firmly seated in our hearts from 'Vampire Diaries'. Alaric is the headmaster of the Salvatore School and is looking after his twin daughters who are the last living members of the Gemini Coven. This is exactly the drama series I needed to check into during this quarantine. The Salvatore School is home to the witch, werewolf and vampire ...

4 Week Fitness: Week 3

Welcome to week 3! We are at the halfway mark and moving past it with a FORCE ! We've got this far and we owe it to ourselves to push through and finish these last 2 weeks. I am already SO PROUD OF US ! Now is the time to lock in our rewards. Whether you are coming to party with me in Vegas for the opening of Encore Beach Club or splurging at your favorite local spot for a stay-cation, do it BIG ! You have earned it . This is a mirror of week 1. I think it's important for our bodies to get at least a little comfortable with the movements we are doing so that we can get the most out of these workouts! Last year, we talked about fitness inspiration and the destructive energy I used to attach to fitspo and why I think I never really kept up with a fitness routine. For me, the energy and the attitude that is behind anything I do is HUGE. I am at the point where I chose, if something doesn't vibe right with me, I'm just not doing it. I would DREAD doing the things...

Mask Monday: Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask

It is that wonderful time again where my skin is acting all the way out of control. This time it could be my horrible quarantine diet, stress, hormones, my 2-year-old touching God knows what then rubbing my face...the list of possibilities is endless. To combat that I'm going in the Mix, Mask & Hydrate 6 piece kit from Peter Thomas Roth that we got at an incredible value price. Today, I am tapping into the Cucumber Gel Mask. It is an Extreme Detoxifying Hydration mask that is instantly refreshing (I keep mine in the refrigerator), cooling, and a moisturizing calming gel that helps soothe dry irritated skin. I've used this mask before, and know that it works wonders on my sometimes overly sensitive skin combination skin. I feel like my skin issues are coming from clogged pores and stress, so the detoxifying bit will really help me get to the smooth skin I just know exists underneath all this drama. So, to start off I like to use a gentle cleanser to get any make...

Vegas for Christmas

When we think of a holiday vacation, we don't really put Vegas and Christmas together in one sentence unless it also involves a Batchelor party. I'm here to challenge that with 3 reasons you should hit Vegas for the holidays that DON'T include the partying, gambling, drinking, and year-round Vegas events. HOLIDAY FEAST There are very few places in the world you can hop around a 3-mile area and have a meal from celebrity chefs and world-class foodie favorites. Not to even mention what feels like "regular" to locals, but is still a top reason thousands flock to the city regardless of the season: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS! For the holidays we go all out and tend to have a price tag to match, but a staple in inexpensive and AMAZING is Ellis Island. Just trust me. Your hotel's cafe will also have reasonable prices! Here's a short list of "OMG you've gotta eat here" on Christmas Night: THE BUFFET AT ARIA - $53.99 for all you can eat, endl...

My Netflix Obsession: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

I am loving that Netflix has original movies and series! Right now I am all caught up in The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and am very impatiently waiting for the release info on seasons 3 and 4! Let's talk all about why this is SUCH a binge-able flick and YOU should be just as excited to catch up! So, I went into CAOS without even knowing what I was getting myself into. I thought it was a Sabrina the Teenage witch via Melissa Joan Heart spin off/reboot/remake situation...I had NO idea Archie Comics had an entire dark world that spawned my childhood fave...because I would have been obsessed YEARS ago. They took something that was sweet, innocent and wholesome, added the actual devil and a dash of sexy and I've been horrified through every episode! The series keeps all our Sabrina favorites, Sabrina herself, Harvey, Hilda and Zelda, and my always favorite Salem but with a twist and gives us some new favorites in the Weird Sisters, Ambrose Spellman and Nicholas Scratch....