Skip to main content

Travel Style: Business Weekend in a Carry-on


Here in Las Vegas, we get a LOT of quick business trips. We hold conventions, and those conventions lead to meetings and cocktails. How do you make sure you've got everything you need without having to add a checked bag to your itinerary? I've got you covered! Here's what you should pack for a 1 - 2 night trip in only a carry-on!

Let's start with the outside and work our way in for both Men and Women:


  • MEN'S
    • We are starting with a professional blazer. We want to give an "I'm suit and tie level serious about this business trip" kind of vibe. But since we are traveling light, we don't want to bring your biggest thickest tailored blazer to pack in your carry on...that would take up the most space. So instead we want to bring something you can carry or wear on the plane. To answer that need, we are going to carry/wear an easy to travel wrinkle-resistant blazer like this one. This Haggar Men's in Motion Travel Stretch Tailored Fit Blazer has raving reviews from travelers on Amazon and looks fantastic. It's difficult to wrinkle and has a comfortable fit, so I recommend wearing/carrying on the plane. This is a dry clean only sports coat so you will have to be careful not to stain it while traveling.

    • Wrinkle-resistant is the name of the game here, and this button down is the champ. This button down top is perfect to wear under your blazer for the more serious meetings, and stylish enough to ditch the blazer and still feel comfortable in the evening cocktail or dinner meeting. This comes in extremely fashionable colors and the classic white. I'd bring 2 of these just in case you want to switch it up between meetings and cocktails or if you are staying more than one night.
    • The pants are going to be something you'll be comfortable in all day long no matter the event, and you want to be sure you're not going to end up wrinkly and losing your edge! For this I recommend the Haggar Men's Work To Weekend Hidden Expandable Waist No Iron Plain Front Pant. This is a great looking, stylish pant that is again wrinkle resistant and will look great from your business meeting to a night out at one of Las Vegas' best night clubs.

    • You always want your shoe game to be on lock, whether that's at your business meeting or walking through the airport. These La Milano Mens Double Monk Strap Slip on Loafer Cap Toe Leather Oxford Formal Business Casual Comfortable Dress Shoes will do just that. They definitely catch my eye, and the memory foam sole makes sure they are comfortable all day long from the board room to cocktails and back to the airport. These come in a few colors so you can make sure you match. Black is always a good classic choice.

    • In Vegas, other than cocktails and nights out on the town, lots of business meetings turn to golf the next morning before you leave the city. Be prepared by keeping these last few items in your carry on:

All of this plus your travel outfit will fit perfectly into your carry-on size luggage! I also offer travel toiletry kits so you don't have to worry about packing or keeping track of your toothbrush - hair gel etc! Order one to be delivered to your hotel right now.

  • WOMEN'S
    • For the ladies, I am starting the same way. With a nice wrinkle-resistant blazer that says "You asked for the boss, so they sent me.". This blazer comes with raving reviews from Amazon, and with a longer length will look amazing over a dress or skirt that might be a bit more relaxed. Since it is wrinkle-resistant I love this to wear or carry during travel.

    • To layer under that blazer, I have a few different options depending on your vibe. I love a multifunctional dress so you can ditch the blazer after the meeting and go straight to the dance floor or cocktails. We also love a jump suit or pants suit and comfortable button up blouse.



      •  Order a few sizes up on this blouse.
    • There is definitely a different shoe for spending all day in business meetings to going for cocktails unless you can handle your cocktail shoes all day long then Go Head Girl!! But for the rest of us, we try for a comfortable shorter heel for business and a higher heel for cocktails like these.




To keep it super simple for you, and prevent accidental spills and mishaps in your carry on, I offer travel kits for toiletries that will be delivered directly to your hotel. Order yours right now!

Get Social! Tag me in your posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @NikkiOnVegas. I'd love to see how you're spending your trip or staycation!

Make sure you book your hotel room with my hotel team by getting your room rates from our booking page. We keep rates up to 30% off what you can find anywhere else, and personalize your service! My team is available 24 hours a day for any issues, comments, questions or concerns. And, once you book with me, I'll be available to help you plan out the rest of your trip free of charge! Send me an email right now to get started.

Comment - Share - Subscribe
❤ Nikki











***Each product I feature has been independently selected by me. If you make a purchase using the links included, I may earn a commission.***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Safety 101: 5 Tips for Solo Travel to Las Vegas

Getting your whole crew together to come party with you in Vegas can be a challenge! Everyone has a reason to miss out on this trip, whether it's budget, timing, childcare, etc. Sometimes, you have to just catch a flight and take a vacation by yourself! This can be the best time you've ever had, but you have more safety concerns when you're solo than when you're with a crew. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind on your next solo outing in Las Vegas. Stay In Public Areas Las Vegas is among the most popular tourist destinations in America. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is safe, and you feel secure. You can't get into the hotel elevators at most resorts unless you have a room key, Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and the Fremont Street Experience are lined with on-duty police officers, and each hotel has their own trained security staff ready to aid any situation (even labor!). Some of our best venues are off the strip. For this, I recommend taking...

The Women of Las Vegas: The Monat Monarchs

Meet the Monat Monarchs A group of women after my whole heart! The Monat Monarchs is a Las Vegas-based group of powerful boss babes spreading uplifting messages of gratitude, growth, and grace through connecting women all over our community and fueled by the Monat Premium Hair and Skin Products. Monat is a brand that has put their consumers first at every available opportunity. During this pandemic, their production team has made a focus on creating hand sanitizer gel to add to every order placed on April 7th for 15 days. They didn't stop there, they are also sending out 40,000 bottles of hand sanitizer gel to children's services organizations, homeless shelters, and community centers on the front lines across America and Canada. View this post on Instagram We're making hand sanitizer gel! Addressing the recent shortage of hand sanitizer amidst the #COVID19 pandemic, our diligent manufacturing team is temporar...

Vegas Bound: January 2020 Guide

Welcome to 2020! May this year bring you all the things you have set out for yourself. Hopefully, that includes lots of Vegas time. This list does not include everything that is happening here regularly like the Cirque du solei shows, the daily free shows, sights and things like that. I've just got the big and noteworthy things that are here for the moment and all the club events I could stand to type up. If you are planning a vacation or staycation, book your hotel with my team. We keep rates 20%-30% off nationally advertised rates. I also have rates in cities outside of Las Vegas, so check with us for all of your hotel needs. As of right now, I'm looking at weekend rates of $73 per night+ taxes and fees at the Planet Hollywood for their standard rooms (Ultra Hip King). If a budget is not how you do Vegas, I recommend the Ultra Panorama Suite at $676 per night +taxes and fees. Check the rates for your travel dates, and book with me today. Here's what we have going...

Beauty Moment: Belle Beauty 'Shero - Shadow Stick'

Shadow sticks are starting to become a necessity in my makeup go-bag. Most days when I'm getting ready something happens and I'm left with 1/2 the time I need to finish my makeup, or even worse I have to finish in the car when I get there! For those kinds of moments, I LOVE shadow sticks. This Shadow Stick from Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel in Pink Champagne is the latest edition to my go-bag. We got this one in a kit from QVC, and I'm sure you can order directly from the Belle Beauty website . I am loving this right now because it's such a quick and easy way to level up my look by adding that shimmer I love to my lid and the easy to use stick means I can level up anywhere at any time. It has a really easy to apply soft consistency that you can just blend with your finger or go in with brushes if you feel the need. It has a really simple twist up top so you'll never need a sharpener, and I know they say to never do this, but I twisted it all the way to see...

Kid Friendly Vegas: Kangamoo

I have a one-year-old! Life is BANANAS! To celebrate my young King's first birthday, we took him to Kangamoo indoor playground. Here's how it went. This place is HUGE. I was shook once I walked in and tried to find the bathroom through what felt like miles of padded kid-wonderland. I didn't do too much exploring of the big kid area, and I made it a point not to go when they were having a special event but according to their facebook page, this place is lit! Every Thursday 4:30-5:30 they have a character come by and play around with the kids (perfect photo op), Wednesday is arts and crafts day 10AM-12, Balloon Animals and face paint every Friday 2-4, and Musical Story Time on Tuesday 10AM-12. All other times Mon - Fri 9am-7pm and Sat-Sun 9AM-5PM is open play time. Now, back to my nugget. I think he had a BLAST! This was his first time playing outside of our home and having so many options for new things to touch. It was ADORABLE. His attention span is one thing ...

Fan Girl: Vegas Golden Knights

My New Favorite Kind of Blade (Sorry Wesley) OMG It's almost Knight Time! I have never been as into a sport as I am hockey right now! The Vegas Golden Knights came along and shattered expectations and goals in their inaugural season and I feel like I can reach out and touch hockey season right now since it is so close to upon us. I won't do a full play by play of the season (even though that's all we want to talk about now in the Valley) but I will direct you to my Twitter where I live tweet EVERY EMOTION, 0 filter while I'm having them. And yes, it is me mostly praising Fleury, the goal post, praying to the hockey Gods and appreciating...well everyone. LOL I have become WILDLY superstitious since starting to watch VGK. I now HAVE GOT to have on a pair of pink flamingo socks! For those of you who don't know, we have a lovely Victory Flamingo that gets thrown onto the ice to get the energy right for some good gameplay and to celebrate a win. I'm ...

4 Week Fitness: Week 3

Welcome to week 3! We are at the halfway mark and moving past it with a FORCE ! We've got this far and we owe it to ourselves to push through and finish these last 2 weeks. I am already SO PROUD OF US ! Now is the time to lock in our rewards. Whether you are coming to party with me in Vegas for the opening of Encore Beach Club or splurging at your favorite local spot for a stay-cation, do it BIG ! You have earned it . This is a mirror of week 1. I think it's important for our bodies to get at least a little comfortable with the movements we are doing so that we can get the most out of these workouts! Last year, we talked about fitness inspiration and the destructive energy I used to attach to fitspo and why I think I never really kept up with a fitness routine. For me, the energy and the attitude that is behind anything I do is HUGE. I am at the point where I chose, if something doesn't vibe right with me, I'm just not doing it. I would DREAD doing the things...

Moming In Vegas: Container Park

Kid Friendly Life In Vegas We had our FIRST EVER play date! One of the dopest things about Las Vegas is that there are SO many family-friendly activities. I didn't even know about most of them until I became a mom. Our first date was at the Container Park, a place I thought was only for 21+. Turns out, 21+ is only at night from 9PM to close!  First things first, PARKING. It's downtown so you can get "free" parking at places like Main Street Station if you plan on spending some money at their casino and validate your parking. For me, I don't have a problem dropping some change in the machine right next to where I'm going. DON'T FORGET to leave the ticket in your window, and how long you paid for! They are QUICK AF to give tickets down here. Prices range from $1-$3 in the lots. Ky and I - Babywearing with our CuddleBug wrap I am just in love with this place. They have super comfy seating where there is a turf area for kids to play,...

Vegas for Christmas

When we think of a holiday vacation, we don't really put Vegas and Christmas together in one sentence unless it also involves a Batchelor party. I'm here to challenge that with 3 reasons you should hit Vegas for the holidays that DON'T include the partying, gambling, drinking, and year-round Vegas events. HOLIDAY FEAST There are very few places in the world you can hop around a 3-mile area and have a meal from celebrity chefs and world-class foodie favorites. Not to even mention what feels like "regular" to locals, but is still a top reason thousands flock to the city regardless of the season: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS! For the holidays we go all out and tend to have a price tag to match, but a staple in inexpensive and AMAZING is Ellis Island. Just trust me. Your hotel's cafe will also have reasonable prices! Here's a short list of "OMG you've gotta eat here" on Christmas Night: THE BUFFET AT ARIA - $53.99 for all you can eat, endl...