Skip to main content

Vegas Bound: Christmas In Vegas 2019


Christmas in Las Vegas is really SUCH a magical thing. The Las Vegas strip sprinkles a little bit of holiday magic all over EVERYTHING, and it is so beautiful! All of our usual attractions, like the Bellagio Fountain bring the Christmas cheer with holiday music playing this season. I'd LOVE for the world to start looking at Vegas during the Holiday season, so here's a couple of things to be aware of, what's going on and my recommendations.




SO, Vegas is not really less busy during the Holiday Season.  So don’t expect any holiday discounts or extra space it will be the general amount of crowded...if not a bit more! Buffets and full course meal/dine-in options are going to be a little more expensive b/c they are going to be WAY more decked out than usual. It’s cold as all hell here to me right now it’s like in the 50s all week so bundle up for that. But there are SO many things happening, most things are going to be open and at its usual hours except for like our local/neighborhood places some of our clubs and bars will also close for the holidays. If you’re curious about the hours of any specific place drop a comment and I’ll check it out.
Family Fun ON the strip, I love holiday’s in Vegas for the whole family. We really go all out, and it’s such a vibe during the Christmas season! On the strip for the Family, I love almost everything but starting with the one thing I’ve been recommending more than anything this season:

Family Fun On the Strip

  • The Rink - Cosmopolitan - $25 skate rental ($15 local, military & cosmo guests mon - thur)
    • Dec 21- Jan 5: Noon - 11pm
    • Dec 24 & Dec 25: Noon-Midnight
  • Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
    • 24 Hours
  • Gingerbread house @ Aria
    • 24 Hours
  • Linq Promenade - Each venue varies, but walking through is always free and 24 hours 
  • Tournament of Kings - Twas the Knight - Every single day this week
    • Shows at 5:30 & 8PM
    • Dec 23 & 24 5:30 show only
  • The Park - Holiday Experience
    • Fri Sat & Sun 5 - 9
    • Monday for the Vegas Golden Knights game time varies

Family Fun OFF the Strip

  • Rock rink @ Downtown Summerlin - $15 skate rental
    • Dec 20: 4PM - 9PM
    • 21-23 Dec: 10AM - 10PM
    • Dec 24: 10AM - 6PM
    • Closed Christmas Day
    • Dec 26 - Dec 30: 10AM-10PM
  • Go play in the snow
    • Mt. Charleston: Be Aware hours and road conditions vary. $WD and AWD recomended and chains & snow tires may be required.
    • Lee Canyon BUY TICKETS NOW!! Equipment Rentals, lift tickets, lessons and snow kids all available. 
  • Sam’s Town Mystic Falls
    • Show: 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm, 8:00pm, 10:00pm
    • Santa
      • Dec 20: 4PM - 8:30PM
      • 21 & 22 Dec: Noon - 8:30PM
  • Christmas Town @ Cowabunga Bay: $20 Children under 2 Free
    Polar Express Train Ride, Jingle Bell Sledding Hill, Yuletide Laser Tag, Santa Claus' Cozy Cottage, Blitzen's Bounce House Bonanza, 'Let It Snow' Spectacular animated show, Merry Magic Tree, Frosty's Snow Ball Pit Fun, Tiny Tim's Train Ride, Christmas Characters roaming, and Rudolph's Save Christmas Paintball (extra cost for this) 
    • 20 & 21 Dec: 5:30PM - 9PM
    • 22 - 21 Dec: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
  • Las Vegas Motor Speedway Glittering Lights - About $20 per car on the day of plan for long waits in the Car.
    • Sun - Thur 5-9PM
    • Fri, Sat & Holidays 5-10PM
  • Magical Forest @ Opportunity Village (Closed on Christmas Day) - $15 for ages 4, rides and games are extra. Guaranteed show seating $2 (online only).
    • Opens 5:30PM Nightly


EAT

If you’re here to visit family I KNOW your day is going to involve LOTS of food! I love the idea of giving our kitchens a break and enjoying the AMAZING chef’s we have all over the city and buffet’s are the easiest way to make sure everyone will have something they will eat, even those picky toddlers. My favorite and toddler-friendly Buffets for the holidays are:



Party Crew

JUST because this is a family holiday doesn't mean you have to stick to sleigh bells and hot chocolate! Feel free to hop into any one of these turn ups! After all, it is VEGAS, baby.

Club Life


  • Marquee is open this weekend and Monday. one of my favorites, get tickets RIGHT NOW.
    • Dec 20 - CID
    • Dec 21st - Andrew Rayel
    • Dec 23 - DJ Five
  • The Foundation Room is another spot open all weekend for happy hour at 5pm, and Lounge DJ after like 10.
    • Lounge Hours: Daily: 5:00 pm - Close
    • Various Events including a Ladies comp entry with hosted bar See site for details
  • Drai's
    • Dec 20 - DJ Esco
    • Dec 21 - DJ Franzen's House Party Holiday Edition
  • Hakkasan Group has events all weekend long
  • Fremont Street Experience has free entertainment this weekend and all week until NYE even Christmas Day!

Christmas Meals

If buffets are not your thing, here are a couple of my recommendations for Christmas Day. Please make your reservations RIGHT NOW by clicking the link and calling any associated number/open table reservation.


If you are looking for Hotel Rates for your next trip, start with my hotel team. We have rates up to 30% lower than nationally advertised rates, and I would really appreciate you booking with us!
Check your rates here: https://www.nikkionvegas.com/p/hotels.html

If you're coming to town to create content, don't leave my site without downloading my free Content Creators Guide to Las Vegas, WINTER EDITION! Tag me when you share your posts so I can see what you created and share it myself. If you have any questions you can reach out to me via email. See you in Vegas!

🖤Nikki



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Vegas Bound: Halloween Week 2019

I love every reason to let my inner spook out, so the ENTIRE month of October is an all-out celebration for me! If you're here, you must be getting ready to spend your Halloween in Las Vegas and I could NOT be more excited for you. Whether you are a Las Vegas Local, or here for the weekend, Las Vegas is one of the most amazing places in the world for entertainment, and to take a nice relaxing (or turnt) vacation. As much as Vegas has the reputation to be an Adults only trip, we have tons of spooktacular events for the whole family to enjoy. If you are heading to Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween, check out the hotel rooms available from my team. We can get rates up to 30% lower than nationally advertised rates all year round, even on national holidays. And when you book with me, you get the option of having me personally help you plan out your vacation specifics and help to manage any last-minute emergencies. A few tips if you are coming through for the costume contests. V...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...

Safety 101: 5 Tips for Solo Travel to Las Vegas

Getting your whole crew together to come party with you in Vegas can be a challenge! Everyone has a reason to miss out on this trip, whether it's budget, timing, childcare, etc. Sometimes, you have to just catch a flight and take a vacation by yourself! This can be the best time you've ever had, but you have more safety concerns when you're solo than when you're with a crew. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind on your next solo outing in Las Vegas. Stay In Public Areas Las Vegas is among the most popular tourist destinations in America. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is safe, and you feel secure. You can't get into the hotel elevators at most resorts unless you have a room key, Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and the Fremont Street Experience are lined with on-duty police officers, and each hotel has their own trained security staff ready to aid any situation (even labor!). Some of our best venues are off the strip. For this, I recommend taking...

4 Week Fitness: Week 3

Welcome to week 3! We are at the halfway mark and moving past it with a FORCE ! We've got this far and we owe it to ourselves to push through and finish these last 2 weeks. I am already SO PROUD OF US ! Now is the time to lock in our rewards. Whether you are coming to party with me in Vegas for the opening of Encore Beach Club or splurging at your favorite local spot for a stay-cation, do it BIG ! You have earned it . This is a mirror of week 1. I think it's important for our bodies to get at least a little comfortable with the movements we are doing so that we can get the most out of these workouts! Last year, we talked about fitness inspiration and the destructive energy I used to attach to fitspo and why I think I never really kept up with a fitness routine. For me, the energy and the attitude that is behind anything I do is HUGE. I am at the point where I chose, if something doesn't vibe right with me, I'm just not doing it. I would DREAD doing the things...

Sphynx: For The Girl On The Go

This year's Travel Goods Association 's Travel Goods Show '19 has introduced me to so many of my current favorite products! Today, we are talking about the Sphynx razor that you can use for hair removal ANYWHERE! Living in the desert makes shorts, sundresses, tank tops, surprise photo shoots and pool days a part of everyday life. Unfortunately, running around chasing a 1-year-old and taking care of everyone's vacations makes hair removal one of the last things on my to-do list! Lucky for me, I received a goodie bag from the Travel Goods Association at this year's Travel Goods Show that gave me my latest secret weapon! The Sphynx Portable Razor ! I keep this beauty in my bag at all times and it has already saved me from having to miss out on a pool day and the embarrassment of missing a spot trying to rush when wearing one of my favorite dresses. Here's how it works. This little beauty here has everything you need for a shave - a small squirt bottle ...

Now Streaming: 'Legacies' on Netflix Seasons 1 and 2

I love a good supernatural drama series. I was all in on the 'Vampire Diaries' for a while, and when the 'Originals' came in with what felt like a more "grown-up" storyline from the beginning, I was instantly HOOKED! It had everything I needed in a supernatural drama, but when that ended I was left in a show hole. How do you even follow up on that epic storyline, but thank the bright minds at CW they made it happen with 'Legacies'. With 'Legacies', we are tuning in to the life of Hope Mikaelson after the loss of her parents at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted ran by Alaric Saltzman who is firmly seated in our hearts from 'Vampire Diaries'. Alaric is the headmaster of the Salvatore School and is looking after his twin daughters who are the last living members of the Gemini Coven. This is exactly the drama series I needed to check into during this quarantine. The Salvatore School is home to the witch, werewolf and vampire ...

Mask Monday: Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask

It is that wonderful time again where my skin is acting all the way out of control. This time it could be my horrible quarantine diet, stress, hormones, my 2-year-old touching God knows what then rubbing my face...the list of possibilities is endless. To combat that I'm going in the Mix, Mask & Hydrate 6 piece kit from Peter Thomas Roth that we got at an incredible value price. Today, I am tapping into the Cucumber Gel Mask. It is an Extreme Detoxifying Hydration mask that is instantly refreshing (I keep mine in the refrigerator), cooling, and a moisturizing calming gel that helps soothe dry irritated skin. I've used this mask before, and know that it works wonders on my sometimes overly sensitive skin combination skin. I feel like my skin issues are coming from clogged pores and stress, so the detoxifying bit will really help me get to the smooth skin I just know exists underneath all this drama. So, to start off I like to use a gentle cleanser to get any make...

Vegas for Christmas

When we think of a holiday vacation, we don't really put Vegas and Christmas together in one sentence unless it also involves a Batchelor party. I'm here to challenge that with 3 reasons you should hit Vegas for the holidays that DON'T include the partying, gambling, drinking, and year-round Vegas events. HOLIDAY FEAST There are very few places in the world you can hop around a 3-mile area and have a meal from celebrity chefs and world-class foodie favorites. Not to even mention what feels like "regular" to locals, but is still a top reason thousands flock to the city regardless of the season: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS! For the holidays we go all out and tend to have a price tag to match, but a staple in inexpensive and AMAZING is Ellis Island. Just trust me. Your hotel's cafe will also have reasonable prices! Here's a short list of "OMG you've gotta eat here" on Christmas Night: THE BUFFET AT ARIA - $53.99 for all you can eat, endl...

Earning The Crown - Ms. Nevada Regency International 2020

Winning a state title is a surreal moment. When they put that crown on my head and I did my celebratory walk, all I could think was that I still could NOT believe it. If you would have told me 30 days before, that I would not only be competing in a state pageant but WINNING one, I would not have believed you. Let me tell you how I got here. A few years ago, I did a little soul searching and found that for me to really be happy I needed to be spending my time in service to my community and making a positive impact on someone else's life even if that just meant an extra smile in their day. I started doing some googling to see what my options were and eventually came upon a state pageant I thought was the right fit for me! So, I went around campaigning and raising funds to get the coaching I needed and compete. Pageant week came around and I lost big time! I wasn't fortunate enough to place in that pageant at all, but I did win Best In Evening Gown so I was really proud of t...