Skip to main content

A Call for Safety: Closures and Cancellations associated with COVID19


Unfortunately, due to the current state of the industry, I am no longer able to continue running travel services at this time. Refunds have been issued to all of my travel clients through May at their request. If you have any bookings that you have questions on, please feel free to reach out to me at any time via email, phone or contact form. All contact details are available on my contact page.

Closures are being updated regularly, so check back here and social media to stay up to date. The most important thing right now is that everyone stays safe and healthy. If you are able to, please check on your neighbors, friends and those in your social circle that may be at risk such as the elderly. Lots of us are isolating ourselves, and while that may keep us safe from the virus, it also puts a lot of our emotional and mental health at risk. Call your friends and family daily to share love and conversation. If you or anyone you know is having a hard time emotionally, feeling anxiety or just need someone to talk to through this difficult time please feel free to reach out to me directly through a comment here, or any one of my contact options through my contact page. You can also join my Social Club Facebook group where I connect with my personal page and stay updated regularly. Stay safe and love each other.

The President has declared a National Emergency for the country, and Governor Sisolak has also issued a State of Emergency for the state of Nevada. Along with the official government response, our local events, venues, sports teams and more have closed, canceled or suspended events until further notice. Closures and suspensions of services are being updated by the minute so stay up to date by following along on my Instagram, Twitter and news services.

Here is a living list of closures, suspensions, and limitations:

**UPDATE**


Per Governor Steve Sisolak the State of Nevada has been closed to all nonessential businesses, gatherings, and activities. Our casinos, hotels, clubs, bars (without full-service restaurants), beauty services and more are closed for 30 days starting noon March 18th, 2020. Restaurant services are still open for takeout and delivery and school-age children can pick up meals at various locations through the valley. 


  • MGM Resorts International: Announced Closure of Spas, Salons, Fitness Centers from March 16th until further notice. This affects the following Las Vegas Properties:
    • Aria - Buffet also closed
    • Bellagio - Buffet also closed
    • New York, New York
    • MGM Grand - Buffet also closed
    • The Signature
    • The Mirage - Buffet also closed
    • Vdara
    • Mandalay Bay - Buffet Also Closed
    • Delano
    • Park MGM
    • Nomad
    • Excalibur - Buffet also closed
    • Luxor - Buffet Also Closed
  • Wynn & Encore: Announce the temporary cancelation of large entertainment gatherings, sports book and poker room. They are also screening for temperatures at their entrances. Closures affect:
    • Buffets
    • Nightclubs - XS & Encore Beach Club
    • Theaters
  • Las Vegas Events Center cancels all events through April
  • NHL has suspended the season until further notice, so no Vegas Golden Knights games.
  • USL Championship suspended for 30 days, impacting the Las Vegas Lights.
  • Clark County School District Cancels all extra-curriculars, after school activities, and events until further notice. Schools still in session.
  • Hakkassan Group closes all venues until April. This affects:
    • 1OAK: moved their final date up, now permanently closed
    • Hakkasan: MGM
    • Omnia: Caesars Palace
    • Jewel: Aria
    • Wet Republic: MGM
    • Liquid Pool: Aria
  • Tao Bistro & Nightclub closes until further notice.
  • Drais Beachclub, Nightclub, and Afterhours closed until further notice.
  • Las Vegas Aviators postponed
  • UNLV transitioning to online instruction.
  • Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend canceled
  • Nightclub and Bar show Rescheduled to June 23-24
  • Post Malone cancels T-Mobile stop on tour
  • Boys II Men cancelled at Mirage
  • Jonas Brothers "postpone" Residency
  • Kelly Clarkson postpones Planey Hollywood residency to summer
  • Las Vegas Licensing Expo rescheduled to Aug 11-13
  • CinemaCon Cancelled 
  • Henderson public events canceled, this effects upcoming St. Patricks day festival and parade
  • North Las Vegas Public events canceled until further notice
  • NCAA cancels March Madness
  • Pac-12 canceled T-Mobile tournament

Closures are being updated regularly, so check back here and social media to stay up to date. The most important thing right now is that everyone stays safe and healthy. If you are able to, please check on your neighbors, friends and those in your social circle that may be at risk such as the elderly. Lots of us are isolating ourselves, and while that may keep us safe from the virus, it also puts a lot of our emotional and mental health at risk. Call your friends and family daily to share love and conversation. If you or anyone you know is having a hard time emotionally, feeling anxiety or just need someone to talk to through this difficult time please feel free to reach out to me directly through a comment here, or any one of my contact options through my contact page. You can also join my Social Club Facebook group where I connect with my personal page and stay updated regularly. Stay safe and love each other!

comment - share - subscribe

-Nikki







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Back: That one time I competed in a pageant

Once upon a time, what seems like a long time ago I decided I wanted to be a beauty queen. It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I finally have the chance to tell you all about it! I've always known that I wanted to help people in some way, and one day it dawned on me if I had a crown that would definitely give me a much louder voice to speak on issues I thought were important. So, I went searching for what I thought was the best pageant for me and I landed on Miss Nevada USA 2016. The only thing I knew about pageants at this point was from the Miss Congeniality movie and what I heard about from my cousin's social media pages. So from that, I thought it was going to be a breeze...PSYCH! It was probably the most grueling process of self-discovery I've ever put myself through. My first step was figuring out how much all of this was going to cost. For me, it was a ridiculous amount that I just wasn't going to be able to make at my day job in...

Vegas Bound: Halloween Week 2019

I love every reason to let my inner spook out, so the ENTIRE month of October is an all-out celebration for me! If you're here, you must be getting ready to spend your Halloween in Las Vegas and I could NOT be more excited for you. Whether you are a Las Vegas Local, or here for the weekend, Las Vegas is one of the most amazing places in the world for entertainment, and to take a nice relaxing (or turnt) vacation. As much as Vegas has the reputation to be an Adults only trip, we have tons of spooktacular events for the whole family to enjoy. If you are heading to Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween, check out the hotel rooms available from my team. We can get rates up to 30% lower than nationally advertised rates all year round, even on national holidays. And when you book with me, you get the option of having me personally help you plan out your vacation specifics and help to manage any last-minute emergencies. A few tips if you are coming through for the costume contests. V...

Streaming: Disney and Pixar's 'Onward'

Disney+ dropped some blessings for us during this quarantine and I am so grateful! Since Social Distancing made it hard for us to safely go see 'Onward' in theatres when it came out last month, Disney and Pixar gave us a quarantine present and dropped it for us to stream from home WAY earlier than expected on Disney+! With 50 Million or more of us holding on tightly to our Disney+ subscriptions, let's all watch this one with or without the kids. IMDB “While we’re looking forward to audiences enjoying our films on the big screen again soon, given the current circumstances, we are pleased to release this fun, adventurous film to digital platforms early for audiences to enjoy from the comfort of their homes,” said Dan Scanlon (Director, “Onward”) and Kori Rae (Producer, “Onward”).¹ We've been socially distancing in my household for a bit longer than nationally directed, so we weren't able to see this in theaters. I play a cute Disney game with my son, ...

Safety 101: 5 Tips for Solo Travel to Las Vegas

Getting your whole crew together to come party with you in Vegas can be a challenge! Everyone has a reason to miss out on this trip, whether it's budget, timing, childcare, etc. Sometimes, you have to just catch a flight and take a vacation by yourself! This can be the best time you've ever had, but you have more safety concerns when you're solo than when you're with a crew. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind on your next solo outing in Las Vegas. Stay In Public Areas Las Vegas is among the most popular tourist destinations in America. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is safe, and you feel secure. You can't get into the hotel elevators at most resorts unless you have a room key, Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and the Fremont Street Experience are lined with on-duty police officers, and each hotel has their own trained security staff ready to aid any situation (even labor!). Some of our best venues are off the strip. For this, I recommend taking...

Vegas Bound: January 2020 Guide

Welcome to 2020! May this year bring you all the things you have set out for yourself. Hopefully, that includes lots of Vegas time. This list does not include everything that is happening here regularly like the Cirque du solei shows, the daily free shows, sights and things like that. I've just got the big and noteworthy things that are here for the moment and all the club events I could stand to type up. If you are planning a vacation or staycation, book your hotel with my team. We keep rates 20%-30% off nationally advertised rates. I also have rates in cities outside of Las Vegas, so check with us for all of your hotel needs. As of right now, I'm looking at weekend rates of $73 per night+ taxes and fees at the Planet Hollywood for their standard rooms (Ultra Hip King). If a budget is not how you do Vegas, I recommend the Ultra Panorama Suite at $676 per night +taxes and fees. Check the rates for your travel dates, and book with me today. Here's what we have going...

4 Week Fitness: Week 3

Welcome to week 3! We are at the halfway mark and moving past it with a FORCE ! We've got this far and we owe it to ourselves to push through and finish these last 2 weeks. I am already SO PROUD OF US ! Now is the time to lock in our rewards. Whether you are coming to party with me in Vegas for the opening of Encore Beach Club or splurging at your favorite local spot for a stay-cation, do it BIG ! You have earned it . This is a mirror of week 1. I think it's important for our bodies to get at least a little comfortable with the movements we are doing so that we can get the most out of these workouts! Last year, we talked about fitness inspiration and the destructive energy I used to attach to fitspo and why I think I never really kept up with a fitness routine. For me, the energy and the attitude that is behind anything I do is HUGE. I am at the point where I chose, if something doesn't vibe right with me, I'm just not doing it. I would DREAD doing the things...

Mask Monday: Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask

It is that wonderful time again where my skin is acting all the way out of control. This time it could be my horrible quarantine diet, stress, hormones, my 2-year-old touching God knows what then rubbing my face...the list of possibilities is endless. To combat that I'm going in the Mix, Mask & Hydrate 6 piece kit from Peter Thomas Roth that we got at an incredible value price. Today, I am tapping into the Cucumber Gel Mask. It is an Extreme Detoxifying Hydration mask that is instantly refreshing (I keep mine in the refrigerator), cooling, and a moisturizing calming gel that helps soothe dry irritated skin. I've used this mask before, and know that it works wonders on my sometimes overly sensitive skin combination skin. I feel like my skin issues are coming from clogged pores and stress, so the detoxifying bit will really help me get to the smooth skin I just know exists underneath all this drama. So, to start off I like to use a gentle cleanser to get any make...

Sphynx: For The Girl On The Go

This year's Travel Goods Association 's Travel Goods Show '19 has introduced me to so many of my current favorite products! Today, we are talking about the Sphynx razor that you can use for hair removal ANYWHERE! Living in the desert makes shorts, sundresses, tank tops, surprise photo shoots and pool days a part of everyday life. Unfortunately, running around chasing a 1-year-old and taking care of everyone's vacations makes hair removal one of the last things on my to-do list! Lucky for me, I received a goodie bag from the Travel Goods Association at this year's Travel Goods Show that gave me my latest secret weapon! The Sphynx Portable Razor ! I keep this beauty in my bag at all times and it has already saved me from having to miss out on a pool day and the embarrassment of missing a spot trying to rush when wearing one of my favorite dresses. Here's how it works. This little beauty here has everything you need for a shave - a small squirt bottle ...

Now Streaming: 'Legacies' on Netflix Seasons 1 and 2

I love a good supernatural drama series. I was all in on the 'Vampire Diaries' for a while, and when the 'Originals' came in with what felt like a more "grown-up" storyline from the beginning, I was instantly HOOKED! It had everything I needed in a supernatural drama, but when that ended I was left in a show hole. How do you even follow up on that epic storyline, but thank the bright minds at CW they made it happen with 'Legacies'. With 'Legacies', we are tuning in to the life of Hope Mikaelson after the loss of her parents at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted ran by Alaric Saltzman who is firmly seated in our hearts from 'Vampire Diaries'. Alaric is the headmaster of the Salvatore School and is looking after his twin daughters who are the last living members of the Gemini Coven. This is exactly the drama series I needed to check into during this quarantine. The Salvatore School is home to the witch, werewolf and vampire ...

Moming In Vegas: Container Park

Kid Friendly Life In Vegas We had our FIRST EVER play date! One of the dopest things about Las Vegas is that there are SO many family-friendly activities. I didn't even know about most of them until I became a mom. Our first date was at the Container Park, a place I thought was only for 21+. Turns out, 21+ is only at night from 9PM to close!  First things first, PARKING. It's downtown so you can get "free" parking at places like Main Street Station if you plan on spending some money at their casino and validate your parking. For me, I don't have a problem dropping some change in the machine right next to where I'm going. DON'T FORGET to leave the ticket in your window, and how long you paid for! They are QUICK AF to give tickets down here. Prices range from $1-$3 in the lots. Ky and I - Babywearing with our CuddleBug wrap I am just in love with this place. They have super comfy seating where there is a turf area for kids to play,...